1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I thought A5 Cabrio out next year not 2009 ?? Feb 09 sounds feasable for RS5. Got my order in already !!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought A5 Cabrio out next year not 2009 ?? Feb 09 sounds feasable for RS5. Got my order in already !!
I think the A5 will be shown late next year and deliveries will be starting from January 2009.

Can't believe the Nissan GT-R is not coming here till March 2009 now and the RS5 which is probably no where near ready for production is going to arrive before it. Sucks big time.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Good find Saj.

Could be a good thing for Audi that the release is in feb '09, rather than sooner. It should be around about that time that the M3 owners are starting to get sick of their cars, and mibbie fancy a shot in the RS5 :p

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think the A5 will be shown late next year and deliveries will be starting from January 2009.

Can't believe the Nissan GT-R is not coming here till March 2009 now and the RS5 which is probably no where near ready for production is going to arrive before it. Sucks big time.
Not too late to change your mind and get the S5 then?
Bet the GT-R goes out further.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not too late to change your mind and get the S5 then?
Bet the GT-R goes out further.
You know I was thinking about it, but then I know when the GT-R eventually comes to the UK I would regret it, i'd tell myself you should have just waited(and i'm not up for getting it early by importing it).

The GT-R is a car i've wanted since I was 13 years old, long before people discovered it on the playstation, so whats another 14 months.

The best comes to those who wait. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
You know I was thinking about it, but then I know when the GT-R eventually comes to the UK I would regret it, i'd tell myself you should have just waited(and i'm not up for getting it early by importing it).

The GT-R is a car i've wanted since I was 13 years old, long before people discovered it on the playstation, so whats another 14 months.

The best comes to those who wait. :)
So in the meantime why not enjoy the S5, you could be driving it next month?
You really can't compare the two, they are worlds apart but then I'm not into Playstation cars.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow, the RS5 that soon?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice find Saj - look forward to the RS5 :)

The "Sportback" thing caught my attention; is that going to be something along the lines of the Merc CLS?

Cheers,
Paul.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So in the meantime why not enjoy the S5, you could be driving it next month?
You really can't compare the two, they are worlds apart but then I'm not into Playstation cars.
Yeh S5 would be good in the mean time, but I would lose too much money on it as bulk of depreciation happens in the first year and with the GT-R costing about £60k I'd rather put a larger initial payment down on the car and keep my payments lower over the duration I keep it.

Both cars are definitely worlds apart, the S5 is more luxury executive GT and the GT-R is more kick ass racer designed to demolish anything that comes in its way. :)

I'm not into Playstation cars.
As for being a playstation car, well the GT-R was around long before the playstation generation started worshipping it lol.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice find Saj - look forward to the RS5 :)

The "Sportback" thing caught my attention; is that going to be something along the lines of the Merc CLS?

Cheers,
Paul.
From what I know A7 will be along the lines of the Merc CLS. Don't know what this sportback will turn out to be like, but it will look crap regardless.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Happy days, RS5 in 09! I am number 3 in my local dealers. I think its well worth having the £1k tied up for that time
Welcome to the site ICZ_15. So are you going to be getting an A5/S5 in the meantime or just wait for the RS5.

I did read an article on the net about the future schedule not actually being an offical Audi document, more over it was something that was put together by someone in the motoring press that would be theoretical launch times.

I actually think people wont get their hands on RS5's untill towards the end of 2009 early 2010 mainly because demand for the S5 is so high at the moment Audi dont need the RS5 to boost sales. It all about making money.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
How much more will the RS5 cost?
I only owe 18k on my S5 and I am thinking of trading up......

G

·
Anyone wanna bet that the RS5 does not hit UK till much later than Feb 2009 :confused: :D

I think a well spec'd RS5 will be £60k ish

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.