Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some very good info here. Just posted on CAR website..

- TT TDi
- New 7 speed High-Torque S-Tronic 'Box:D
- Audi S1
- A3 Cabrio
- A4 Cabrio
- RS6 with 571BHP !!:D
- A7
- R8 Spider
- R8 V10
- Q5 TDi
- Q7 V12 TDi with 740lb ft Torque !!:D

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=1324&page=1

Exciting times for Audi :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'd wait until S-tronic came out for the A5, but I have a feeling it will be a while. I'm figuring out if I can order a 3.2 Tip today (no TDI available in my market :( )

·
Registered
338 Posts
S1, RS6 and R8 sound interesting... but Q5. Not if it's as ugly and pointless as the Q7.
careful now with the pointless Q7 comment. If you are a 75 y/o guy with a little extra weight, an artificial hip that limits getting in and out of regular cars and still like audis with some decent get-up to it then the FSI V-8 Q7 is a logical choice. So don't insult my dad's taste in vehicles:) :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
careful now with the pointless Q7 comment. If you are a 75 y/o guy with a little extra weight, an artificial hip that limits getting in and out of regular cars and still like audis with some decent get-up to it then the FSI V-8 Q7 is a logical choice. So don't insult my dad's taste in vehicles:) :D
Oops, sorry! (and Sorry Mr Boomer snr.) You are right... however If you are in this category, you'd be better off getting a Range Rover and having Overfinch breath on it! Or a Volvo XC 90 (the best looking of the 4x4 soft roaders) and finding someone to do something spectacular with the engine.

IMHO, I think the Q7 falls straight into the same category as the Porsche Cayenne... (sorry again Mr Boomer snr.) But it's just an opinion. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oops, sorry! (and Sorry Mr Boomer snr.) You are right... however If you are in this category, you'd be better off getting a Range Rover and having Overfinch breath on it! Or a Volvo XC 90 (the best looking of the 4x4 soft roaders) and finding someone to do something spectacular with the engine.

IMHO, I think the Q7 falls straight into the same category as the Porsche Cayenne... (sorry again Mr Boomer snr.) But it's just an opinion. ;)
You'r SOOO lucky that you apologized to my dad--he was just about ready to book a flight over there to kick your young butt--but he isn't sure how to get his Q7 on the plane with him. I do agree with you that none of this class of vehicles tickles my fanny but I wanted to keep him in the Audi family and in their small town they are considered pretty trendy having such a "cool" ride.:) Oh by the way he doesn't use computers so I'll have to tell him he should be offended before he kicks your butt.:D

·
Registered
292 Posts
I do agree with you that none of this class of vehicles tickles my fanny

Two nations divided by a common language! F4nny means something different this side of the pond and is somewhat more of an offensive word, especially towards the fairer sex. You should start a separate Tranny thread if you like having yours tickled. :p

·
Registered
735 Posts
Two nations divided by a common language! F4nny means something different this side of the pond and is somewhat more of an offensive word, especially towards the fairer sex. You should start a separate Tranny thread if you like having yours tickled. :p
And isn't a tranny a guy who likes to dress as a gal? :D

More language barriers :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yikes, do I take it that I have unintentionally insulted all of the fairer sex overseas AND I will have to take up cross-dressing? How will I ever redeem myself? :eek:
We'll forgive ya - unless you really, really like it ! :eek: :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey Boomer - you promise not to snitch to your Pop about Ian's Q7 comments, and we promise not to snitch to your Pop about your extra-mural proclivities. Quid pro quo?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Boomer - you promise not to snitch to your Pop about Ian's Q7 comments, and we promise not to snitch to your Pop about your extra-mural proclivities. Quid pro quo?
That's a deal guys. Pop's heart is a little weak anyway. I think I better be a bit more "cooperative" with my audi friends overseas since in another thread about TVs I may have also gotten on the wrong side of the Scots as well. I'll try and behave or else half of the civilized world will be after me.:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.