Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Oh I’ve just got to go and give these new detailing products a try...i’ll Be five minutes ?”

Anyway I have been meaning to clean and condition the Nappa leather in the RS for a while now but have been struggling to find the time due to work demands. A few days off over Christmas so I’ve made a start. If I’m going to do this properly it will take longer than I first thought but I’m happy with that. I’ve used Autofinesse Hide conditioner and cleanser and one of my main requirements was to give the leather back some suppleness and nourishment but to avoid the glossy wet finish that some products may give and leave the leather looking like vinyl. Autofinesse has delivered a Matt result just like the OEM finish...perfect.
I’ve also fitted a new boot liner and just gave the car a general check over. The Ctek battery conditioner is in trickle mode hence light number 8 illuminated on the device keeping that battery in full health.
Photos during and after hide application.
Plans for next year includes the installation of red seatbelts. I’m looking forward to introducing a bit of colour to the black interior.
One thing I’ve noticed during winter hibernation is that it’s really quite difficult to actually put the vehicle away and refrain from giving it a blast!! But it’s still a lot of fun whatever.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Excellent plan. I'm not sure how much more of the mother in law I can take.
Might have to go and try my new da polisher that Santa brought ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TonyP, my one has 31k just now and I don’t think the leather has ever been conditioned as it felt very dry on the bolsters. Hopefully I’ll finish the rest of the interior tomorrow. I got the front and back of the passenger seat done, the passenger door card and arm rest, the centre arm rest and gear shifter boot all done today.
SJ, you’ve been keeping a low profile of late, I’d be real interested to see photos of and hear your thoughts of your new da polisher. Have you had experience of using these before? Confident to use for real on your own motor?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi Mr F, I've not been up to much of late with the car so not much to report.
No I've never used a polisher, have only watched videos so I'll be very careful, I won't get to try it for a while as busy with family commitments and the car is filthy.
One thing I'm surprised with is the weight of the thing. It's bloody heavy!
I'll try and get some before and afters when I have a play.
Any tips or product critiques will be well received.
Seats are looking great btw.?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SJ, I’ve seen a lot of people get a scrap bonnet to perfect their technique first before actually using it for real on their cars. Seems a Good idea to me. I’d be scared to go straight to work on my motor without practice first. The results if used correctly are stunning. You’ll have arms like Popeye if you do the whole of your car if the da is heavy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SJ and TonyP, that’s the leather conditioning finished. It’s unbelievably cramped in the back of the coupe to get room to work but I’ve managed. Items completed today were steering wheel, drivers front seat and door card, both rear cards, headrests and back Bench. I also reapplied conditioner to both front bolsters which I think has really helped.
With the cover off I couldn’t resist some pics, I’m really taken with the blister arches, just gives the car such a great look, it hints at the power it conceals...roll on spring-summer...Here you go lads.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SJ, just thinkin, you’d maybe be best to ship your da polisher up to me and I’ll give it a wuhirl first and you can learn from my mistakes...keep you in the mother in laws good books ?
Tony, you can come up in an advisory capacity and fill the position of caffeine co-ordinator!

·
Registered
147 Posts
SJ, just thinkin, you’d maybe be best to ship your da polisher up to me and I’ll give it a wuhirl first and you can learn from my mistakes...keep you in the mother in laws good books ?
Tony, you can come up in an advisory capacity and fill the position of caffeine co-ordinator!
Seeing as you are in a generous mood can I ship my S5 up to you as a temp swap for your RS whilst you pamper mine for a few months. They use less salt on the roads down here so I'll take good care of yours for a few months... You know it makes sense especially as these cars need to be driven :p:p:p

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seeing as you are in a generous mood can I ship my S5 up to you as a temp swap for your RS whilst you pamper mine for a few months. They use less salt on the roads down here so I'll take good care of yours for a few months... You know it makes sense especially as these cars need to be driven :p:p:p
Tempting proposition, but I’m just frightened to wake the hibernating beast, it can bite!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tony, you nearly had me at “less salt”. Cleaver, very cleaver. I bet SJ will agree to ship his da polisher to me but I think it will come with his mother in law ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mr F, I really don't think to need a polishing machine anywhere near that rs of yours but I could always send up the mother in law in her 18 year old Toyota yaris and I'm sure she could put some parking marks into it for you to polish out lol.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts