Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AOA told me on the phone today that they are expecting pricing for the 2009 S5 "any day". She said that she has heard mixed information, ranging from no price increase at all to a "major" increase in price.

She did reiterate what has been posted previously that Audi is planning a "major" increase in production of S5s starting in June 2008!!

Anyone else hear any pricing info yet?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I spoke to my dealer about this on Saturday and they do not know when they will get pricing, except to say that they will get something by the time the first 2009's get on the boat. He's being very cautious about getting expectations up - which is fine. I would think that most of the pricing discussion is pure speculation at this point. Again, my dealer is not saying "it'll be more or not" they are just saying "if it goes up, the increase won't be too dramatic based on what we've seen the last several years."

Anyway, that's all of the info that I've heard from Audi. Take it for what you will - we'll know for sure soon enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the same info about the ramping up of production for the MY09. They told me 4-5 months from time of order and that they had resolved their production issues. I'm still waiting to hear about the pricing for mine as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a few emails with our Audi rep yesterday and it looks like the 2009 pricing will be released within the next week or two. The first 2009 A5's are scheduled to hit the port in July, so they have to get things out ASAP. I was also told pricing shouldn't be leaps and bounds different between 2008 and 2009.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hope my dealer will honor the "old" pricing if the new pricing goes up. I ordered mine in 2007 expecting a 2008 model. I shouldn't have to wait 10 months AND pay more. Has anyone's dealer mentioned if the cost increase would be passed on to exisiting orders?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hope my dealer will honor the "old" pricing if the new pricing goes up. I ordered mine in 2007 expecting a 2008 model. I shouldn't have to wait 10 months AND pay more. Has anyone's dealer mentioned if the cost increase would be passed on to exisiting orders?
ANy dealer will quote price based off of msrp.

If msrp goes up, your price goes up.

I'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got a little more news this morning. A few of our guys were at A4 training in California and heard from some of the Audi reps there that 2009 pricing is still being negotiated between Audi of America and Germany. The longer it takes, the better for the US :cool:

Pricing is still on schedule to be released next week, but if it is delayed you now know why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer said the same thing about production increasing when I asked him if there were any S5's coming in soon. How much is production increasing? does that just mean orders will be getting in sooner or that there will actually be some S5's availble to purchase without ordering?

·
Registered
204 Posts
They better hurry. With crude going up $11 today they might have missed the boat. I wonder if Audi is sitting in their offices wishing they made more in the beginning right now. They might be sitting on inventory next year if fuel prices go up another 40%. I know it's bad over seas but prices here have gone up almost 75 cents in a week and a half.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VW USA came out with some pricing today according to AutoBlog, so it must be close... My 09 S5 arrives in 3-4 weeks :) It's getting tight!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You guys out in CA complaining about high fuel prices amaze me. The people in your state think energy just falls out of the sky. You obstruct any activity to increase the production or refining of non-renewable fossil biofuels (that's what oil and gas is) yet you still expect to have cheap gasoline. So just consider the recent 75 cent increase in gasoline prices to be the "California Penalty".

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd appreciate if you didn't confuse all Californians with the tree sitting Berkeley liberals campaigning to ban Styrofoam cups and plastic bags. As soon as I get my S5, I'm driving it through the nearest forest with a full tank of $4.80/gallon gas.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dam straight Tray! But it's $4.98 here because of some tree hugger tax. If I didn't get the A5 I was in line to get the Challenger SRT-8. They can put that in their Prius pipe and smoke it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I will lay claim to being FIRST here on this subject. Gas prices?!>?!?! Who cares? I've got an S5. But my point, folks, believe it or not, is that oil is the third of three bubbles. 1) NASDAQ 2) US (and other) residential real estate and 3) oil. We could see $80 a barrel in three months if demand were being calculated properly. Just look at the US driving miles for MARCH. And then think about how much demand has changed since. And then think about how that translated to other developed countries. And then, ponder what it means for supply increases to come at the time when developing countries start cutting subsidies, effectively cutting demand further.

Look, I know all about peak oil. Ive been reading the oil drum for longer than you can imagine. But fundamentals have not changed that much in the last year and a half to justify a 250% price increase.

Fortunately, if I'm wrong, I still dont care. I'll still drive my S5 as I like, even if I have to start paying the equivalent of what Europeans pay, which makes us US folks look like a bunch of pansy whiners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd appreciate if you didn't confuse all Californians with the tree sitting Berkeley liberals campaigning to ban Styrofoam cups and plastic bags. As soon as I get my S5, I'm driving it through the nearest forest with a full tank of $4.80/gallon gas.
Global warming is bollocks. Save the V8! :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
OK folks, let's get this "Audi of America 2009 pricing update" thread back on track and reserve the discussion for info about pricing. Please feel free to start a new thread in the Drivers' Lounge section for continued discussions about fuel prices, global warming, oil, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Global warming is bollocks. Save the V8! :D
That made me laugh - nice and wrong! :D

Our Audi rep promised pricing last week, but she said they went back to the negotiation table. She reminded us that the longer it takes to get pricing, the better the new pricing will be for America. I'm sure they're concerned about what will happen to the A/S5 in 2011 if they substantially raise prices now.

I bet it is a tough argument.....not to mention it is a group of Americans arguing with Germans - wouldn't it be fun to be a fly on that wall?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The dealer down here has a 2008 A5 and a 2009 A5 on the boat in the Port of Houston, and neither can be released through customs until they determine the price on the '09. He said he should have the pricing this week. On a side note, there's an R8 on that same boat that cannot be released until the pricing is determined for the 09 A5. Apparently its an "all or nothing" release through customs. Bet that R8 owner is pisssssedddd!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts