Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one got any coments on how and what you can use to interface with this?

http://shop.audi.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AccAudOSProductdetailView?catalogId=5001&storeId=10070&productId=35277&langId=-3&scategoryPath=15644.15645&categoryId=20781&modelyear=

Im looking to see if i can use it to conect my IPhone via bluetooth the the GSM phone and via this at the same time for music.

"With the Bluetooth adapter for the Audi music interface you can easily transmit music from your mobile phone or MP3 player on the Audi music interface play. The transfer takes place via Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) wireless.

Current information about A2DP-enabled devices, please visit www.audi.de/mp3 Audi and your partner."

Any ideas if i can use both bluetooth connections at the same time from one phone?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Here is a picture of the AMI cables, Bluetooth module second from left:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting, looking at the photo above, it seems that the bluetooth module plugs in to the AMI USB connector.. I wonder if AMI would connect to a generic bluetooth dongle connected over USB?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Interesting, looking at the photo above, it seems that the bluetooth module plugs in to the AMI USB connector.. I wonder if AMI would connect to a generic bluetooth dongle connected over USB?
It might (see the software update May 2008, link in the end of message), but looking at this image (confirmed by an ETKA drawing I have seen):

The Bluetooth dongle comes with an USB stick that probably includes new software for the AMI. Is it just the generic update linked below or does it include some special drivers the AMI has to load for this to work?

Again, translations at babelfish.yahoo.com.

http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuw...mp3/audi_music_interface/software-update.html

If someone ever tries this, please report.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hm. it doesn't mention any deltas in that Audi.de link.

I guess we'll just have to try it out!

I was planning on ordering the mini-usb connector cable, but now I might just order the full size to see if it works :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Anybody tried this yet? I have already the USB/F AMI cable, so if I can buy a good ADSP bluetooth dongle and plug it in the USB/F AMI cable, will I be able to play music via bluetooth from my smartphone?

The detailed manual can be found here and shows that the USB/F cable is part of the package. The software upgrade might be already present in newer cars (mine is from jan 2011).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts