Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,

Anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the Audi Music Interface to a car with MMI/Satnav?

Am I correct in assuming it is essentially a USB port and so not limited to iPods?

Cheers!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Audi sells the AMI seperately at most dealerships. It's on the U.S. website so I would imagine that it is also on the U.K./European sites. Not sure if you can order directly or not.

Hello chaps,

Anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the Audi Music Interface to a car with MMI/Satnav?

Am I correct in assuming it is essentially a USB port and so not limited to iPods?

Cheers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Audi Music Interface

- Universal connection for use with stereo audio sources and iPod generation 4 onwards (iPod, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod photo, iPod video). Provides intuitive control through the audio system and multi-function steering wheel. It also replicates the iPod display on the audio screen, including track titles. The interface provides power as well as a convenient rubberised storage tray. An adapter cable is required at additional cost. Please consult your Audi Centre for details. Only in combination with Satellite Navigation system Plus

*pulled from audi uk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audi music interface (iPod integration)

Allows for iPod connection fully integrated into the MMI
Recharges iPod

*from audi us

Not sure I understand. What is the Audi Music Interface?

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
yes it can be retrofitted with mmi/sat nav options only. i'm currently waiting for them to be released.

apparently you have usb/ audio in, etc. not sure if it's all or you have to choose. i hope it's all.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Unfortunately we are left to choose between them. The Audi site has them all seperated by price though.
yes it can be retrofitted with mmi/sat nav options only. i'm currently waiting for them to be released.

apparently you have usb/ audio in, etc. not sure if it's all or you have to choose. i hope it's all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bah, what a b*mmer.

oh well. any idea if we have to pay to have it fitted? silly question i know, how much do you reckon it'll cost in labour then?

·
Registered
318 Posts
It shouldn't cost anything, it's a matter of plugging in the adapter with a standard end to the connection inside the glovebox and the opposite end directly into your device.

bah, what a b*mmer.

oh well. any idea if we have to pay to have it fitted? silly question i know, how much do you reckon it'll cost in labour then?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It shouldn't cost anything, it's a matter of plugging in the adapter with a standard end to the connection inside the glovebox and the opposite end directly into your device.

This cable is MMI only.Also you have to have the Interface option on the car.It is not retrofitable in the us YET..

WE(blue grass Audi) on the MMI not optioned out use the DENSION gateway 500.Works almost as good as the factory optional one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I will probably pick the iPod adapter AND a standard mini-plug MP3 adapter for the S5, just in case I ever have the need to hook anything else up.

This cable is MMI only.Also you have to have the Interface option on the car.It is not retrofitable in the us YET..

WE(blue grass Audi) on the MMI not optioned out use the DENSION gateway 500.Works almost as good as the factory optional one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

How easy is it to fit the Dension system and where does the cable route through to?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know anything about the fitting as the dealer had a third party come in and fit it at the dealers. The standard iPod cable plus USB stick connection cables are both hidden in the glove box so its all invisible in use, doesn't have a little iPod tray like I believe the AMI does but other than that there is little if any difference.

MMI support is good pretty much all of the standard iPod screen functionality is presented via the MMI.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.