Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Audi MMI 3G map for 2021/2022 is out.

If you want to cover some costs PM for my PayPal!

Members who has donate:
kaiserstumm ✔
vainn ✔
atilla ✔

MMI 3G High map = 27.9 GB
MMI 3G Plus map = 30.3 GB
MMI 3G = 36.6 GB

For archive use WinRAR 6.02

65.13 GB folder on MEGA
Font Electronic device Display device Multimedia Darkness

All content CarTechnoloGY

·
Registered
A8 2015
47 Posts
I came across this thread by accident, looked at the Mega files, couldn't download the map data but did download the 3G+ P1001 MMI update. This is my experience checking the P1001 update against my existing HN+ K942-4 MMI on my EURopean A8.

Unzipped, the P1001 update file is 1.6GB! ABout 1.2GB is taken up by just three components, sss [591MB], MSU9411 [387MB] and RSU9425 [282MB].

Although previous updates were all apparently prefixed K, for some reason this update uses P as a prefix [correctly, I checked the meta file].

I'd heard that it was possible to use USB rather than SD, but when I tried that, the MMI update read the files but then displayed "The Medium is currently unavailable" and I could only select "Cancel". So I used SD in SD1.

I didn't actually complete the update; I just got to the Y/S/N screen, scrolled through to see what was potentially updated and then cancelled by using the back key repeatedly. [I believe updating the MMI deactivates Navigation mapping, so I didn't want to do that just to check out a newer MMI level].

In case it's any use to anyone who understands these things; here is a list of the modules that will get totally Y or partially S updated going from EUR K942 to P1001 in my A8.

S MU9411 : IFS-Root App 2145 - 2156, efs-system App 2145 - 2156
Y MuTnrRef : App 529-562
Y MUConsistency : App 1035-1072

Note I have Bose, so there is no Bose update at this level.

Julian

Edited update: I've subsequently checked the K0942 meta file against the P1001 one. I can expand slightly on the above changes for the A8; the only changes between the two versions are that all the MUs and RSUs get new App code for the IFS-Root and efs-system and the MuTnrRef and MUConsistemcy apps are updated as above. There are no updates to any other devices on any other 3G+ cars to which the update applies. Reminder - this comment applies to the EUR version of the MMI update file.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This update looks really interesting but as pictured in the post navigation software can be upgraded on k0942 without going on p1001. I’m interested to see if anyone has done it yet? I’ve got Audi A6 with bosé sound system.

·
Registered
A8 2015
47 Posts
Julian I meant firmware update and maps 😂
I'm currently on K0942_4
There are plenty who've updated to the 2021/2022 6.33.1 maps but I'd suggest that's of no real benefit as you're already on 2021 6.32.1. Doubt you'll see an major UK changes in that time period.
No sign of anyone going to P1001, which I think is an HN+R update only. As per my thread #2, P1001 only updates the MMI and doesn't appear to update any devices.

BTW, I'm on K0942 and 6.32.1 as well.

Julian

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
The navigation database includes more than road maps. While not likely a primary purpose of a nav system for most people, points-of-interest (POIs) are also included in the update (though I can't say for certain where these reside in the nav database).

While trying to tease this out just now, I found this information in our NAR 6.22.1 LIT3GP database file (AJ932Pa_L1.db) using Unix "strings" command (strings AJ932Pa_L1.db | more):

North America NavTeq Q3/2019 MMI3GP
NAR2019 MMI3GP
2005-2019 Harman, all rights reserved.

Other indication in the TMC3GP component verify the build date/time stamps as Nov 2019.

This is from 8R0051884HG NAR 6.22.1 (NAR 2020/2021). I'm curious now what the ECE 6.33.1 LIT3GP database file was built as... --g

·
Registered
A8 2015
47 Posts
For what it's worth, these are strings at the start of the Euro 2021 LIT3GP map file which is 6.32.1

"Europa NavTeq Q1/2020 MMI3G Plus ... © 2005-2020 Harman, all rights reserved"

Which concurs with what we can deduce for the NAR maps - map data is from the year before the publish date.

(I expect the 6.33.1 2021/2022 maps will actually be 2020 Q3 data)

Julian

·
Administrator
407 Posts
For what it's worth, these are strings at the start of the Euro 2021 LIT3GP map file which is 6.32.1

"Europa NavTeq Q1/2020 MMI3G Plus ... © 2005-2020 Harman, all rights reserved"

Which concurs with what we can deduce for the NAR maps - map data is from the year before the publish date.

(I expect the 6.33.1 2021/2022 maps will actually be 2020 Q3 data)

Julian
You would be correct, this is from Euro 6.33.1 LIT3GP map file

"Europa NavTeq Q3/2020 MMI3G Plus, 2005-2020 Harman, all rights reserved"

J

·
Registered
A8 2015
47 Posts
So we can see the pattern now :) Maps are, in effect, 12 months behind the published date.

I live near a major UK Motorway junction update (a new junction was added) which was built in 2019 but didn't appear on the maps until the 2021 edition appeared (which I've been waiting for and just installed). In my case, no benefit in going to 2021/2022 ;)

Julian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hy Guys,

my friend have a 11/2009 Audi A5 Sportback with MMI 3G High
He made the fw update, and after he want to make the navi update, delete the nav database, after the nav partition. He insert the nav sd card to slot 1 but MMI doesnt show nothing. SD card formatted FAT32 slowly in windows.
In 5F module with VCDS have 03675 Fault codes - 03675 Navigation Data Not Present

Any help:?

Thanks

·
Registered
A8 2015
47 Posts
Hy Guys,

my friend have a 11/2009 Audi A5 Sportback with MMI 3G High
He made the fw update, and after he want to make the navi update, delete the nav database, after the nav partition. He insert the nav sd card to slot 1 but MMI doesnt show nothing. SD card formatted FAT32 slowly in windows.
In 5F module with VCDS have 03675 Fault codes - 03675 Navigation Data Not Present

Any help:?

Thanks
Since no-one else has replied, I'll try and help.
1) Always helps to tell us what MMI and Map versions you have.
2) You didn't need to delete the Nav database or partition. Presumably that's why VCDS gives the 03675 fault code ...
3) The map needs to be on a 32GB FAT32 (the map files are abot 23GB). It's preferable that it's a standard size one and not a micro SD in an adapter (although some have got those to work}. The files and folders need to be in the root of the SD; that is, looking at the SD, it should have four files, build, config.nfm, dbinfo.txt and metainfo2.txt and two folders, MMI3G and pkgdb. The MMI3G folder will have one text file, metainfo2.txt and the pkgdb folder will have many folders, CTY, CTY2 etc.
4) When you run UPDATE from the MMI menus, MMI should show "Reading meta files " and about 30 secs later show you a list of components with Y,N, N/A, or ?.
WIth a deleted nav database, almost certainly it will show ? against the Map entry so you'll need to user User Defined mode [either using Green screen or adding user mode text to the metainmfo2.txt.

Julian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since no-one else has replied, I'll try and help.
1) Always helps to tell us what MMI and Map versions you have.
2) You didn't need to delete the Nav database or partition. Presumably that's why VCDS gives the 03675 fault code ...
3) The map needs to be on a 32GB FAT32 (the map files are abot 23GB). It's preferable that it's a standard size one and not a micro SD in an adapter (although some have got those to work}. The files and folders need to be in the root of the SD; that is, looking at the SD, it should have four files, build, config.nfm, dbinfo.txt and metainfo2.txt and two folders, MMI3G and pkgdb. The MMI3G folder will have one text file, metainfo2.txt and the pkgdb folder will have many folders, CTY, CTY2 etc.
4) When you run UPDATE from the MMI menus, MMI should show "Reading meta files " and about 30 secs later show you a list of components with Y,N, N/A, or ?.
WIth a deleted nav database, almost certainly it will show ? against the Map entry so you'll need to user User Defined mode [either using Green screen or adding user mode text to the metainmfo2.txt.

Julian
Thanks the advice.
The solution was the SD Card (64Gb) formatted FAT32 and Allocation unit size 8192 bytes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts