Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone can help me ...

I live in Sydney, Australia. My wife just bought me an Audi watch from Audi Sydney. It cost $520AUD (i.e. about $455US or 290 British pounds). I don't really like the watch, so Audi Sydney have said they're happy to exchange it for something else. They told me to look on the UK website, because apparently Australia can get the same stock. I was told that Australia can't get the stock that's on the US site.

When I had a look at the UK website, I saw that the same watch only cost 148 pounds ... and on the US site, there were much nicer watches, with more features, for $99US and $159US ... after comparing all three website, it appears that the same merchandise in Australia is double, or sometimes triple, the price it is elsewhere.

So ... my questions are (if anyone knows):
1. Why is the merchandise so much more expensive in Australia? and
2. How can I get merchandise from the US site in Australia (either through Audi Australia or Audi USA)? (the cost of shipping it to Australia would still make it cheaper)

Thanks in advance ...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
There MAY be such services as LANBox (by LAN Airlines) that allow you to basically have a postal box in the US, buy and send stuff to it - even magazines, and then they (the airline) will pick this stuff up and ship it to you at your Australian address. Of course they'll charge you for the second shipping (from the US to Australia - and it will be via themselves as air shipment -likely) and you'll have to pay duties, VAT etc. when it's imported - but usually you still save. I did this when I lived in Chile and had shipments about every few days to a week - mostly to cover magazines - but still a pretty cool way to handle. Qantas may do this, you'd have to check it out.

Otherwise, you can ask of any ol fellow Audi enthusiast here in the US to help you out - I'd be willing to help - buy something here locally and just ship it to you - it's not that big a deal, and as long as I get my costs covered (no profits obviously) I'd be cool - PM me with specifics, and we'll see if we can work something out. You'd have to worry and pay for duties, VAT etc on your end though - and of course be sure that whatever you want is not restricted for any weird reasons - can't imagine why unless you want a whole engine, gearbox etc, with potentially "hazardous" materials inside - like oil -;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the useful info Roger, and also for the offer.

I'm going to shop around and see what my options are with replacing the watch and maybe getting some other merchandise. If I decide to take you up on your offer, I'll PM you.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I heard many Australians shops at east Asia country(Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,Hong Kong).They actually sell some cool stuff there.My friends went to Hong kong and Singapore bought famous brand like Seiko,Rolex for much less price than US.Also it`s not fake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KnightroS5, are you referring to Audi watches? ... I was actually looking for Audi brand watches and merchandise.

In any event, thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It might have Audi Watches,not sure.but,you can get some unique Audi Merchandise.My friends bought me seat belt shoulder pads with Audi logo and a hats from Hong Kong.it`s Pretty cool.I put it on my S5.He told me he saw some Audi merchandise and some of them are not official from Audi.Well,it still have Audi logo on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts