Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get an allocation through Audi Manhattan. Anyone know of any problems with them as this would be a long distance purchase? Reliable, True to their word etc. They are requesting $2k non refundable deposit according to the salesman.

Thanks for any and all comments.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you are not special ordering the car, the deposit should be refundable. I would check with some other dealers. While I am not familiar with eastern Audi dealers, I don't think any of them are selling that many cars in this economy.
If the deposit is non-refundable, you should have a FIRM delivery date and, if the transaction is not completed, the contract is voided with full refund. I'm pretty sure that there are S5's available at western dealers ready for immediate delivery. You might check with an atty. to see if non-refundable is legal.
Of course, if the order is "weird", (an Orange S5 w/ a $30k turbocharger, etc), all bets are off.

·
Registered
491 Posts
try riverside audi in new jersey. i ordred my S5 with them and got an allocation within a couple of weeks and put down a 1k refundable deposit

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the information. Looked at Riverside a couple times. Will give them a call too.
ask for robert harkavy and tell him moshe aboutboul with the phantom/magma S5 sent you

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why Audi Manhattan?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They said they have an allocation that can be spec'd now, built in Dec and delivered in Feb. Others around here don't even know when they are getting an allocation. It was a shotgun approach to see if any dealership had allocations. So far they are the only ones who have responded.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks For The Info. Have Talked With Robert As Well As Others Suggested On This Site. Looks Better Than What Is Local.
no problem.. let us know what you end up doing

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you do a little searching you're bound to found a cancelled order.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A magical find by my dealer

After I told one of the dealers looking for an allocation for me that I could get a spot at 3 different dealerships he just happens to find an S5 that he could get from a dealership in the northeast. Everything I want except black interior. Anyone not happy with their black interior, wanted tuscan. The exterior is meteor gray.

Thanks for any input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.