Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so yesteray I had some problems with my Sat Nav, where it was continually losing signal. I choose to dismiss it as just a technical blip.

Today, the entire sound system cuts out. No Sound at all (other than a frequent buzzing). The entire system goes crazy (kinda like a computer filled with spyware), responding slowly and sometimes not at all. And it also wouldn't let me into the sound set up menu.

So since I was closeby to Audi Glasgow, I popped in to get the car booked in to have this looked at. Had a chat to the sale woman who told me that the service department is fully booked until 4th February! (8 working days), and there's no courtesy cars avaiable until 12 working days away!

Audi's UK's promises to have your car seen to within 5 working days (without a courtesy car), and 10 working days if you require a courtesy car. Why isn't this happening?

Glasgow Audi, the biggest Audi Centre in Europe and they have NO courtesy cars and NO space in the garage! Shocking!

So i'm left to drive 200miles each and every day with NO working sound system and NO Sat Nav. Not to mention I have to travel all over glasgow to 7 or 8 different call-outs a day, which I need my sat-nav for. Really pissed off.

Rab.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I'd be on the blower to Audi Customer CAre PDQ. I always find being nice and polite helps, sure you will be.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be on the blower to Audi Customer CAre PDQ. I always find being nice and polite helps, sure you will be.
Sarcasm? I'm normally nice when it comes to complaining, unless they give me a reason not to be.... Stratstone Edinburgh (cadillac) are a good example. It came to threatening them with legal action to get them to fix a problem i've had with the escalade since June 2008.

I'm going to give Audi UK a call tomorrow. I don't know about anyone else, but I really can't sit in hours of traffic every day with no music whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome to the crap service that is Glasgow Audi.

Soz to hear your having issues with them, thay've been like that for years, they dont give a damn after they've sold you a car. They get away with it because they own Edinburgh and Stirling Audi so they don't give a damn because if you want an Audi you have to go outside Scotland to buy one. I hate them with a passion.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I can reccomend Carlisle Audi. Talk to Tim White (Sales) and say I told you to call them. explain your predicament and I'm sure he'll get the Carlisle service guys to get you sorted.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Typical after sales service from a UK dealership.... (in my experience!)

They have your money - therfore, they do not give a sh!*e!!

I had similar problems with Audi Macclesfield for an A4 I had a few years ago.
Total incompetent fools. I have made a point of buying my A5 from a dealership quite some distance from them as I refuse to give them any of my money.
I hope the dealership I am buying from continues to be as good after the sale as they have been up to it...!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought my A5 160miles away because the North East Audi dealers are all incompetent, money thieving tw*ts!! :mad: (and I speak from years of experience)

However, after having the dreaded vibration problem and a fractured windscreen, I had to take it to the local dealer :(. I've just got my car back after 6 weeks :eek::eek:

They did nothing for 2 weeks, then damaged my alloys and bonnet. They then 'refurbished' my alloys, and did the worst paint job I've ever seen on the bonnet! :mad::mad:

The car had to be transported down to the original dealer to get it sorted, although it took intervention from Audi Uk to get their backsides into gear!

They're all the same........ crap!!

By the way, I think they've refit my wipers in the wrong place. Does the passenger side park below the VIN, as mine is currently above the VIN (RHD car) :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unfortunately I had similar experience with Audi few times, some have been posted already. My latest one bad experience had place a week ago when I came to replace one of my alloys due paint did came off.

Firsth impression after looking on my brand new wheel was "what are those marks around tyre air valve? "

With some mysterious way mr. mechanic made spanner marks on the alloy when fitting tyre on.
Obviously they decided straight away to replace alloy again with lots of apologies so I am happy with it but what a waste due perhabs lack of training with tyre replacing..

They replaced my fuel pipes same day.. should I start worry about it ?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They replaced my fuel pipes same day.. should I start worry about it ?

The fuel hose is a "workshop campaign" for the 3.0TDIs. Mines will be getting done next time it's in at Audi, along with a power feed upgrade or something or other.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The fuel hose is a "workshop campaign" for the 3.0TDIs. Mines will be getting done next time it's in at Audi, along with a power feed upgrade or something or other.
Yes; obviously Rab, I was trying to be a bit ironic by the end .... ehh my english:(

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just back from the dealership there. They've replaced a B&O part (a booster?), which seems to be working well.

Although it appears that the previous part which went faulty has damaged by sub-woofer.

The sub sounds like it's blown. Every bit of bass sounds like a huge loud rattling. It sounds terrible.

So another hour's drive to the dealership next friday.

On the bright side, I had a brand spanking new Audi A6 2.0TDI S-Line on loan today, complete with the 3G MMI and plenty toys, LED DRL's, leather etc. Lovely car. I suspect the dealership seen me looking at it last week and they're trying to get me to buy one.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just back from the dealership there. They've replaced a B&O part (a booster?), which seems to be working well.

Although it appears that the previous part which went faulty has damaged by sub-woofer.

The sub sounds like it's blown. Every bit of bass sounds like a huge loud rattling. It sounds terrible.

So another hour's drive to the dealership next friday.

On the bright side, I had a brand spanking new Audi A6 2.0TDI S-Line on loan today, complete with the 3G MMI and plenty toys, LED DRL's, leather etc. Lovely car. I suspect the dealership seen me looking at it last week and they're trying to get me to buy one.
It's an old mans car Rab stick to the A5

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Audi UK are pretty good if you need them Rab, when i had the final problem with my last A4 i got a vauxhall vetra i complained and got another a4 cab like mine brand new...

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now more problems... Looks like my B&O sub's blown. Back into the dealership next friday! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've heard the same thing about audi glasgow for years, also heard various horror stories about cars getting returned with scratches and dents on them. They have a terrible reputation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've recently ordered from them and I have to say the whole process was very much a 'take it or leave it' attitude. Seems their poor service starts even before you have bought the car. I had to constantly chase to get the deposit paid, and they kept putting the wrong options on the order, which delayed things even more. I'm still waiting for any form of official confirmation that I have in fact ordered a car from them.

To sum it up in one word: appalling.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My experience with Glasgow Audi when shopping for a TT a few years ago was rubbish as well. They weren't interested when I said I wanted to lease one as the leasing guy wasnt in at the weekends. I got one from Dundee Audi in the end. Then when I took it back to Glasgow for warranty work (closer to me) I had issues with courtesy cars and mistakes with dates when it was booked in.

Not the kind of service you expect when you pull up outside a fancy metal and glass building with millions of pounds worth of machinery in the car park.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ha!

Classic Noob mistake. Just realised how old this thread is! Sorry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts