Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my A5 back in April (ex dem) Audi was offering the option on used cars for either free servicing for two years or extended warranties..

I never got any paperwork or documentation relating to what it included. As the car was couple months old, I went for the servicing. Got an email from the saleman saying that it would be logged in their system..which I pursued some 3 months ago.

Now I have 1,000 miles until my first service and rang the dealership and guess what... they know nothing about it and do not know what is or isn't included...

Does anybody on this forum have any idea how this thing works? As I am concerned I will be given a load of flannel and not receive what I am due..

Thanks G..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It wasnt available last year when I bought mine. However, I probably wouldnt have bought it if it was as the first service is around 18-20k miles or two years so I would probably have only had one service out of it. It sounds like you do a lot more mileage though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not doing big mileage This will be 11,000 miles for my first service... It must be on variable service...

·
Registered
120 Posts
1st service is free for everybody. I was offered a "pay up front" option when I financed. Apparently it was offered because they wanted to tack it onto my loan package (I went with audi financial) but they didnt want to offer it if I paid in cash (ie: no interest accrued for them).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
1st service is free for everybody.
Note your location is US and not UK. It is not free in the UK and the service option (at purchase) wasnt available until earlier this year.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
1st service is free for everybody.
Oh no it isn't , seems us folks in the UK get a raw deal subsidising Uncle Sam!:rolleyes:

Very strange Girls kissing dogs Avatar

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh no it isn't , seems us folks in the UK get a raw deal subsidising Uncle Sam!:rolleyes:

Very strange Girls kissing dogs Avatar

Then you got ripped off. A friend of mine got his 1st for free at Mayfair.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts