Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night after the superbowl I check the Audi Driving Experience website and noticed that they added new locations and event dates.

check them out here

The events will happen between July and August 2008.

Any one planing on going? I booked for August 9 (Saturday) on the D.C. area for the 2 hour free program, but I'll think about the $595 enthusiast program.

Sorry but this is for U.S. only, I don't have info about other countries

·
Registered
341 Posts
Great find Xpl0d....I will probably at least book the 2 hour Intro, but I'll also look at the 1/2 Day session. Maybe even book them back to back.
We get to run out their cars, not ours.

In the signup screen, it asks if you have a VIP Customer ID.
Any Idea what that is? Is it Audi Club related?

Summit Point is a great local DC metro area track. I used to drive it back in the day with the Porsche Club.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes, its Audi Club related. You save 10% if you are an ACNA member and enter the code audiclub2

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great find Xpl0d....I will probably at least book the 2 hour Intro, but I'll also look at the 1/2 Day session. Maybe even book them back to back.
We get to run out their cars, not ours.

In the signup screen, it asks if you have a VIP Customer ID.
Any Idea what that is? Is it Audi Club related?

Summit Point is a great local DC metro area track. I used to drive it back in the day with the Porsche Club.
Yep, it is a nice track. I've been there for a drifting event.
Are you going to book the intro on the weekend? What time?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I booked the Intro on Saturday August 9 at 11:00 AM.
That will give enough time to drive out there and have the day available.
I'll have to see about the 1/2 day event. I am thinking about the Monday August 11 Enthusiast event, 12:30 start.

I would suspect that even the for-fee events events book up early.
Any feedback on that?

JSC.... I included the code you gave and it took it. That will help on the Enthusiast event cost.
Thanks,

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) I booked for 1PM cause I like to sleep in. The Enthusiast date I will only know in the summer cause I don't have a linear schedule.

It's gonna be fun, can't wait!! Oh, did you read that the best driver will get a ride on the R8 around the track?!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
OK. I understand the sleep time need.
Perhaps between us we can video the sessions since they are staggered.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Sorry but this is for U.S. only, I don't have info about other countries
Thanks Xplod - I contacted Audi this week about UK dates and this is what they had to say:

"Many thanks for your enquiry; please find attached some details regarding the Audi Driving Experience at Silverstone. We are still waiting for Silverstone Circuit to finalise our dates, hence the delay in posting them onto the website.

We will recommence the Audi Driving Experience around the end of March, it is expected that the new price and dates will be confirmed within the next 2 weeks. I will send the new dates and price over to you when they are available for booking.

If you would like to reserve an open dated place valid until October 2008 the price is currently £399, however, once the dates are confirmed the price will increase significantly.

Full payment is required at the time of the booking via a valid Visa or Mastercard. Please note that the driver must be at least 21 years of age, with no more than 8 points on their licence on the date of the event. The licence number must be provided on the booking form and the paper part of your licence must be presented to the Audi Driving Experience event team on the date of the event. No exceptions to this will be made."

I'm quite interested in this - heard some tremendous feedback about these days and although it's not cheap, looks like it's gonna get even more not cheap soon. If anyone else is planning on attending one of these in the UK this year and would like to benefit from the 2007 price, you can contact Audi DE directly (details below) or PM me and I'll email you the booking form and full details.

Audi Events
Direct Line: 08000 274787
Fax: 08000 274788
E Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ess5ive, ask them about this free program:

Two hour introductory program:

Drivers drive a variety of Audi vehicles including the TT, A4, and Q7 on a number of tracks designed to improve your fundamental driving skills. These tracks include braking, skid control, handling and accident avoidance. Once these fundamentals are established, drivers will lap the road course at the speedway. The most improved driver will get a ride in the R8 on the racetrack.Improved understanding of vehicle handling
Improved braking and accident avoidance techniques
Learning where to look in an emergency situation
Controlling a skid
Understanding quattro and why it gives Audi a handling advantage
Understanding vehicle capabilities and limits

If you're not willing to pay this is a good option, although RS4 and R8 on the track for $595 is tempting :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow. To drive at Silverstone, that would be a thrill.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Looks like I'll be driving at Silverstone at a corporate function in March anyhow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts