Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to propose that members of A5OC join together for the annual VW & Audi Track Day at Castle Coombe on 26th July.

This is organised by Audi Driver magazine.

This is a great day out and those interested can go out on the track- see www.audidrivermag.co.uk, click on Track Events. There will be plenty of Audi's and hot Golf GTi's going round. Passengers are allowed as long as they sign up (£5).

Just for the opportunity for a get together of members it would be cool to have a meet there, bring a picnic even if you dont fancy tracking your pride and joy.

I have arranged for a dedicated A5OC parking area for up to 10 members cars. Please let me know if if you are interested in coming along so I can get an idea of numbers in advance - its only £7 ground entry.

For those wishing to do track sessions there is an online booking form on their site and more details will be appearing shortly. If you do book the track let me know as well.

Chris

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm in!

Good work organising the OC parking, so we can 'line 'em up'!!

...I intend to track the car too, but haven't booked yet.

See you guys there!

:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am interested in attending guys providing i have my S5 back by then and hopefully the upgrades done from APS,also more importantly i am not on standby at work.
Just the spectating and pack lunch will do for me though as my luck with the car at the minute isnt very good and i would hate to be involved in a crash again :rolleyes:

Maybe i could have passanger ride though on the track in someones S5 providing they are a good driver if not i will stick to my sandwiches on the sidelines :D

If i am not tracking my car will i just have to pay a entrance fee in?

Its a long way to go for me just checked 296 miles from my place,think it would be a stop over somewhere before returning home as that is a long drive,will decide on that nearer the time if i can make it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Call for WAGs!

The Home Secretary has finally agreed to come along on the 26th and see what all this S5/A5 stuff is about - the proviso being that there are some other WAGs in attendance......

Anyone planning on bringing their better halves? We could organise agroup knit-in for them, make sure there's a plentiful supply of cookery books and copies of Good Housekeeping available.

Or is it just a plain bad idea?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Home Secretary has finally agreed to come along on the 26th and see what all this S5/A5 stuff is about - the proviso being that there are some other WAGs in attendance......

Anyone planning on bringing their better halves? We could organise agroup knit-in for them, make sure there's a plentiful supply of cookery books and copies of Good Housekeeping available.

I woudn't recommend it unless she loves looking at cars going round and round a track. If its a nice day Castle Coombe is a pleasant place to be, lots of grass for picnics though.

Mad,
The only cost is £7 entrance unless you go out as a passenger £5. But you might get swayed into buying a Rally Jacket, Milltek or KWs.
Chris

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ess5
YES :D

Chris
But you might get swayed into buying a Rally Jacket, Milltek or KWs.
With a bit luck Chris my S5 will be back from the hospital and ugraded from APS by then :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi Chris,

Yes, I plan to be there, possibly with some teenage sons, but not "her indoors" and would like to join the line up of A5OC private parking please:cool:. (Let me know if you need any cash in advance) I know the track well, but won't be tracking my car :eek: but would like to see Ian and EssFive on at the same time :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Chris,

Yes, I plan to be there, possibly with some teenage sons, but not "her indoors" and would like to join the line up of A5OC private parking please:cool:. (Let me know if you need any cash in advance) I know the track well, but won't be tracking my car :eek: but would like to see Ian and EssFive on at the same time :D
Graham,
Thanks for your support and it would be good to meet you. You just pay at the entrance.
I have to let them know in advance how much parking space we need.
Based on the response so far we will struggle to make 5 - come on guys!
Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm up for that, it's only 20 minutes up the road from me. Put me down for this meet. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wish i was Ian i am over 350 miles away :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Bad News...

I cannot go to the July 26th Track day. :(

...Unfortunately I gifted a friend a rally-driving day for his 40th and he's booked it on that day... I'm driving too. :D

I will definately try to make it to the Audi-only track day at Castle Coombe later this year. :cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I cannot go to the July 26th Track day. :(

...Unfortunately I gifted a friend a rally-driving day for his 40th and he's booked it on that day... I'm driving too. :D

I will definately try to make it to the Audi-only track day at Castle Coombe later this year. :cool:
Ian,
Sorry to hear you're not coming, seems its not worth arranging the A5OC parking as there are only 3 of us left now.

I will also be at the Audi only day on 11th October, so best to go for the parking area then if there is enough interest.
Chris

·
Registered
147 Posts
Graham,
Thanks for your support and it would be good to meet you. You just pay at the entrance.
I have to let them know in advance how much parking space we need.
Based on the response so far we will struggle to make 5 - come on guys!
Chris
I would like to come to this. The only thing is not certain whether I shall have the car in time. It is supposed to be built this week and the dealership have indicated delivery in July; but I notice that the AUDI page talks about August delivery for the 2.0T:confused:. Hope to see fellow A5OC members there if I do get the car, but definitely no track for me:eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would like to come to this. The only thing is not certain whether I shall have the car in time. It is supposed to be built this week and the dealership have indicated delivery in July; but I notice that the AUDI page talks about August delivery for the 2.0T:confused:. Hope to see fellow A5OC members there if I do get the car, but definitely no track for me:eek:
Thanks for your interest and hope to reach the 5 car minimum.
It was my experience that the build week is the start of build and it takes 2 weeks to complete, judging by the stockers on my car, then 10 days to get to the dealer.
You should be OK for 26th unless they are holding the 2.0 as you say.
Let me know.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just another try to get some A5OC members along to the VW & Audi Track Day at Castle Coombe on 26 July.
There are only 4 cars confirmed so far and we need 5 cars, minimum to get a dedicated A5OC parking area.
Some of us are coming quite a distance, there must be some of you in the Bristol area who would be interested to come along.

For more details of the event see: http://www.audidrivermag.co.uk/

Come on guys................

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This event is now confirmed by Autometrix and we have 10 parking spaces.

Come on everyone lets fill these ALL these spaces as we have only 4 right now.

Would those confirmed as coming along please PM me their address details so I can send you the windscreen stickers for the A5OC dedicated parking.

Does anyone know of an A5OC banner existing in the UK or maybe we could get one made & paid by a friendly sponsor to use it any club events?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Would those confirmed as coming along please PM me their address details so I can send you the windscreen stickers for the A5OC dedicated parking.

Does anyone know of an A5OC banner existing in the UK or maybe we could get one made & paid by a friendly sponsor to use it any club events?
Thanks Chris, PM sent. Personally I don't know of any source for banner creation, but I'm pretty certain that when we were all discussing logo ideas, someone mentioned they had contacts in the grapahics trade - anyone?

Anyone who's sitting on the fence over whether to attend this day or not - come along! It's definitely a case of 'the more the merrier' and there's a good chance you'll have an excellent time. Hope to see some more of you oon the day.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.