Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Great meeting up with you all, had a great time, even though Joe let us down with the weather; maybe his shorts scared the sun away ;)

Anyway, below are a few pics from today; more to come when I get five mins....:thumbsup:

Max Limit

Cheers

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Contined...

Max Limit/contined...

Cheers

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Continued...

I'll try and get some more posted tomorrow evening, but have a fairly packed day with Grandaughters 1st birthday etc, so I may be delayed.

Hope you like them.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Top day out, top cars, top company. Weather never turned up properly but only Joe got really cold. Thanks all. Thanks from me especially to Andy for the VagCOM stuff I never knew I wanted.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Nice pics!

Great day, and brilliant to meet so many of you, very much worth getting there, however stressful it was.

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great pics Mulski, I think you should be appointed official club photographer. :thumbsup:

Had a great day and it was good to meet up with you all. It was a shame it was so chuffing cold, how Joegals managed to last as long as he did in those shorts is beyond me. Maybe it was due to being fuelled by the delicious homemade carrot cake kindly provided by Mrs A5 CXB!

Joegals, my thanks again for organising the day. You are a legend, even in those 3/4s!!

My thanks to Andyhud for the vagcom tweaks and making my car right hand drive again!! I did find an excuse to pop out about 9 o’clock last night just to check out the ambient footwell lighting and even managed to avoided putting the car in a ditch which was nice. I hope the demand for your vagcom skills didn’t spoil your day too much. At least you was out of the cold!

Respect to those who were brave enough to take to the track. After witnessing some of the driving on display I'm glad my car was safely parked up in the club area!

By chance I found myself heading the convey back down the M4 after Joegals hoofed it onto the M4 heading east. I must say the sight of all those DRLs in my rear view mirror was impressive, shame my camera battery was flat otherwise I might have tried an over the shoulder shot.

Thanks again to all that managed to make it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just come in from the garden to get another cold beer. What a difference 24 hrs can make!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thanks to all for a great day out.

Just come in from the garden to get another cold beer. What a difference 24 hrs can make!
You know that! Listen, I got the weather forecast bang-on, just got the day wrong, ok?

Since I thawed out upon my arrival back at home yesterday evening, I've had a manic w/end schedule so excuse the delay in offering my thanks and acknowledgement to the 20+ folk who joined yesterday's event. In particular....

Mulski, our resident paparazzi, whos photos really give a good flavour of some of the machinery involved on the day - we appreciate you bringing that great camera, taking the pics and sharing them - I've added more over on the Facebook site and I'll get some more up here in due course....

Also, to the 20+ folk (including the long-suffering partners who were an absolute delight to meet and who bought further colour to proceedings) who came along to make this the biggest gathering of its type. I really appreciated being able to see the forum come to life in this way, and particularly to be reminded again what damn nice folk A5 drivers and their families are.

Big thanks from me also to Andy (hud007) for his sterling efforts with VCDS, giving many of us the satisfaction of knowing that we'd unlocked something for nothing, and made our cars that little bit more special. And helping me out when I reached the end of my 'Dummies guide' and realised that I'd never in fact got around to adding instructions for this year's must-have mod - the footwell ambient lighting. As Spike says, there's something peculiarly satisfying (and potentially life-threatening) about being able to see one's shoes bathed in an other-worldly blue glow as you drive along......

Big kudos also the the trackists, Spinner and Shmee. We've all promised the former that none of us would mention his being overtaken on the approach to Folly bend by a Golf (which we was apparently being driven by an eighty year-old resident of Castle Combe who had turned onto the circuit in error on her way to Waitrose). So please, not a word. But no wonder he's looking so interestedly at superchargers - that'll teach her next time, eh Spinner? As for Shmee, his boundless enthusiasm transferred to the track where after a couple of sighter laps with the instructor, he pretty much spent the rest of the day, rapidly getting up to speed and gving it large, as the photos attest. In fact Shmee, I was unable to bid you farewell when I left as dusk fell, as you were still lined-up in the pit lane, trying to get one more session in...! I hope you enjoyed your track time as much as we spectators did.

Special mention to Lawboy and Mrs Lawboy who travelled all the way from the balmy climes of Brussels especially to freeze to death in a field in England. That's what I call dedication to the cause, but we were all very glad you made the effort!

In summary, an excellent gathering which I hope those who attended enjoyed in at least some small part. Thank you all once more for the great support!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Excellent day, excellent pics. Thanks to all for being great company too. Looking forward to the next meet. Let's see if we can make it even bigger!:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Weather was a day late but hey it was good to meet some very nice people. Had to shoot off to make visiting time, Dads at Cheltenham General getting his supercharger fitted (pace maker) looks like he's going to be fine. Those roads are not designed for S5's though. I hope next time we meet I have a blower fitted to mine + Brakes, coil overs and exhaust. I hope Santa's feeling generous this year. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just back in Brussels after drive back and obligatory stop at Bluewater for Mrs Lawboy - black leather boots from Hobbs that costwise are interchangeable one of my Michelins as compensation for yesterday's overexposure :thumbsup:. Drive back was punctuated with a number of emergency stops from 140km/h to zero in Flanders as the entire country appears to have spent the weekend at the coast and was headed back to Brussels just when I was headed back...

But can I add my thanks to you all for a great day out yesterday. It was great to meet you all and put a face and a name to a nickname - next year Joe will have to sort out badges as well as A5OC flags. A big thanks to Andy for the VAGCOM changes - I think I can live with the hazard lights and wipers coming on everytime when I select an upshift on my paddles ;) Seriously thanks for the changes - my daughters will be thrilled that they can watch Ben 10 in the car now. I am sorry I did not get to say goodbye to you (and some others) before we left.

But ultimately I really wanted to say thanks to Joe for organising the event - a great initiative. Thanks for all the effort. Pity we were all driving as it would have been great to have bought you a beer or three after the event. Next year I bet we can get 30 A5/S5s! And until the footballer's wives start an R8OC event at ADI I still think we will be the best looking club at the event (despite Joe's shorts).

I will upload some much poorer quality than Mulski's photos when I get a chance....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I did find an excuse to pop out about 9 o’clock last night just to check out the ambient footwell lighting and even managed to avoided putting the car in a ditch which was nice.
OK OK I admit it, me too!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Big :thumbsup: to Joe for making it happen, with additional thanks to Andy for the VAGCOM tweaks (even with my lowly spec'd motor we found some bits and bytes to alter :2thumbsup:)

It was a pleasure to meet you all in the flesh so to speak, at least I can put some faces to (forum) names now.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Great photo's their Mulski.

What a day guys'n'girls, great to meet you all. Loved the cake Mrs A5 CXB, you're welcome along anytime ;)

Once again thanks to Joe for organising what was definately the most successful A5OC gathering!

Not such a happy bunny my end. My brake discs are definately shot after just 4 laps and I'm now having to nursing the car around on warped discs until the 23rd. Looks like the RS kit was a bad move, thats 2 track sessions and 2 sets of discs cooked :(

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Joe - hero status :2thumbsup:
great day out - thanks for organising mate

Lawboy - fantastic effort to make it multinational and bringing a DSB along.

Spinner - I guess "RS" has a new meaning now - bad luck on the disc mod

Shmee150 - prize for the most laps, and giving it some effort too.

Mulski - great pics - beat mine hands down, though I'll have a go at the group panorama soon as I get a chance.

A5CXB - cake - wow - thanks!

the girls - brightened up even the drabbest of the weather - thankyou.

Everone else - great to meet you all.
(though if I'm entirely honest I completely lost track of who's who!)

...just need to improve our collective weather forecasting abilities, although the weather did limit the bare flesh to Joe's legs .

Need another meet now when I (hopefully) get my car back to get some VagCom mods done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Excellent day, excellent pics. Thanks to all for being great company too. Looking forward to the next meet. Let's see if we can make it even bigger!:2thumbsup:
+ 2 (me and Mrs A5 CXB)

I need help! I have numerous photo's to post, but the files are to big (223 mb, thats downsized from the original 2.6GB:yikes:). whats the best way to make these available to all?

Lawboy6: pm your email address so I can send you the photo's of you and your delightful Girlfriend :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.