Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to this in previous years, its a day of all things Audi, shiney car stuff and all sorts...

I am planning to go along and just track in the morning, I guess if there is enough interest we can organise some 'club' parking...

see http://www.audidriverinternational.co.uk/

Jason

·
Registered
34 Posts
I may be interested in tracking fo rthe day, any ideas on insurance? I've tried several firms but no luck so far?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Definately interested.

...I'm sure there's another thread around here somewhere on this?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track day insurance is always tricky, I did this last year and the track is not busy as they limit the numbers of cars out at any one time.. its not timed and you are not racing in anyway so you may find that your insurer might cover you, afterall its safer doing 80mph round there than it is doing that on the road!

I am going to double check with the boss at home and get myelf booked in, if there are not enough of us there wont be club parking but I might just see if I can get in with the TT boys or RS246 as there will be quite a few going from both clubs...

Jason

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Will definately be going, but will be parked on the APS stand flying their colours again, so I won't need parking.

I've got an RS4 owner here in the village too and he's interested.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Will definately be going, but will be parked on the APS stand flying their colours again, so I won't need parking.
Splitter!

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it now, I'm annoyed to have to say. Home Secretary reminded me that she's hosting a birthday family gathering for her Mum that day, plus I also have a 'Haunted House/Ghost Hunt night' (http://www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk/) organised with the lads in Porstmouth later that night. Have no idea what to expect but do know that we're all going down dressed as Ghostbusters (we have 10 sets of matching overalls and am currently deciding whether to strap a Super-soaker or old Electrolux vac to my back). Apparently though, Ghost Hunters can be quite a serious bunch so I suspect we may not even be allowed in the damn place, particularly considering that after a couple of sherries with the old dear, followed by some pre-hunt drinks at the pub rendezvous before boarding the minibus, we're likely to be in 'good spirits' by the time we meet them.....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
OK so who from the forum is going?

>>>BUMP!

At the moment I know who's supposed to be coming and it's:

IanHP1
55JWB
Spinner
Ess5ive

Anyone else joining us? (please post... obviously!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I may well head down in the afternoon...

I've got my end of season cricket doo on the Friday, which will no doubt be a heavy one. But, on the other hand, I have an MTM box nicely fitted, and some S5s to beat! ;o)

T

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmmmmm... and the weather's good as well! I am so up for this... Here's to hoping I can lay off the drink on Friday night!

(No one taking the S5-slaying bait!? ;o)

T

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well MTM's A5 tracked round the Hockenheim a second quicker than their S5...

To be fair, I've only driven a few miles with the additional power, but I'm starting to understand why MTM charge £1100 for the box, new... and also why I'm in need of Spinner's brakes!

T

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'd love to go but I have no car at the moment (damn waiting lists and production times).

And it would be a perfect time to take Spinner up on his offer of a ride too. I want to see what the Coilovers feel like.

Anyone going from Sussex? :D

I can't find a price to get in, only for those that want to track their cars.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I can't find a price to get in, only for those that want to track their cars.
Quote from site: ENTRY: Spectators are more than welcome to call in throughout the day at Castle Combe, although note that there is a £10 charge per adult to cover entry and car parking, to be paid at the gate (Children under 16 and OAPs are free of charge).

·
Registered
953 Posts
Quote from site: ENTRY: Spectators are more than welcome to call in throughout the day at Castle Combe, although note that there is a £10 charge per adult to cover entry and car parking, to be paid at the gate (Children under 16 and OAPs are free of charge).

Thanks mate. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, Any idea who is going?? I will be there early, around 8.00

Weather not looking too bad....:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'd love too.... Burt i have a Kitchen, Utility and Showeroom to Finish - i'll be lucky to get it done before the Nov meet at this rate, let alone before tomorrow :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts