Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was looking for the part number on a in-tank fuel pump for a 2012 Audi A5 3.0 TDI

I got 3 quotes from various places, the dealership quoted me £675.00 or $869 (Parts Labour) £327 $421 for the pump

So the other 2 independent garages quoted me £515 and £550

So im thinking why is it so expensive for a piece of plastic with a small electronic motor, on eBay the same part used cost £40 !!

I know its a monopoly where Audi dictates retail prices, obviously they want to make money on parts to, not just their cars.

I requested that the dealership provide me with the part number, they refused to provide me the part number stating its not in their interest or policy.

I made a huge fuss, stating that ive bought cars from them before and I used their services for many years, I requested to speak to the manager

I stated why I should pay for something if they are not willing to provide the details, I made it clear that it was terrible practice, I said a part number should not be a secret, at this stage other customers were monitoring the situation.

The manager then provided me the required part number in hesitation.

basically they do not want to provide the part number as they want you to purchase it from them directly at inflated prices, disgrace.

The in-tank electric fuel pump feeder unit is 8KO 919 050 Q

I took off my back seat, and the 3 screw cover to reveal my pump, the part number is 8KO 919 050 P

so a difference of 2 letter Q and P

Now I got my part number I will get it cheaper elsewhere

AUDI A5 B8 Coupe (8T3) 3.0L Diesel 245 HP

Vehicle Details
Vehicle make AUDI
Date of first registration February 2012
Year of manufacture 2012
Cylinder capacity 2967 cc
CO₂ emissions 149 g/km
Fuel type DIESEL
Vehicle type approval M1
Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight 2140 kg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Your vehicleA5 Coup- S line 3.0 TDI quattro 245 PS S tronic
Date of first registration23/02/2012
Engine Capacity2967 cc
Year of Manufacture2011
ColourIce Silver, metallic
Fuel typeDiesel

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Ello mate and thanks we need more guys like you who refuse to accept this kind of SH.. from these arrogant idiots. I used to go to the official stealers with my lovely old BMW 530D bus until they started to price a service at 800 Euro ish and that was 15 years ago, so I looked around and found an INDI and I have used this guy ever since. The Roma Mercedes idiots tried it on again when I bought my Vito with a five year service and warranty package, when after five years and a week they wanted a grand for a service plus a change of the auto gearbox oil (she holds about 9 litres) and this was at only 80k kms!!!!!! Back to my INDI. Then with my A5 and now the S4 I purchased a HEX/V2 and we use it together on my car and his. Balls to these white collar licenced criminals.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unfortunately its standard practice to refuse to give out part numbers. VW do the same and im sure other marks do also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Order the part, go to pick it up, get the part number and say no thanks you don't need it... Walk out without paying

Granted you will only do this once, but that will teach them to be arses

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Unfortunately, it's always been like this. If you can DIY, it's always going to be cheaper!

TPS are the same, you can give them a part number, but they won't give you one! And now VAG have told TPS they can strictly no longer serve public customers! They are just shooting themselves in the foot, make the parts unobtainable, you go spend your money elsewhere on aftermarket branded parts which are actually the same that you will get from the dealer, but at about 30-40% less!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its terrible, not giving out part numbers because they do not want you to go and buy the part elsewhere.

Ive done my research

Audi part numbers, the 1st few numbers dictate what section the part is from such as engine or interior or wheels exhaust ect

the next few numbers dictate if its electrical or mechanical

The last letter dictates if the part has been updated, modified with an improvement

My fuel pump ends with the letter P, the stealership said i needed the same part number but ending with Q, so the part number ending with a letter or a letter
that is after the previous letter such as A to B or C or X to Y and Z will indicate a newer version of the same part

I have watched many you tube videos and have discovered that it is really EASY to change a fuel pump in tank sender unit, Ive bought the part from 2 breakers, cost me £80

I will do it myself and save £600 $750

Its a 30 min job, disconnect the intake and out take pipe, disconnect the power cable, twist out the locking washer, pull out pump, reverse step, switch ignition on a few time to prime pump and load it with fuel, job done

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I know it's a bit late in the day, but what are the symptoms of the pick up pump failing? My old 3.0tdi was 10 years old with 115k miles and had no issues, just the swirl flaps and knock on steering shaft, both easily and cheaply fixed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it's a bit late in the day, but what are the symptoms of the pick up pump failing? My old 3.0tdi was 10 years old with 115k miles and had no issues, just the swirl flaps and knock on steering shaft, both easily and cheaply fixed.
my feeder pump is working, its just making abit of a humming buzzing sound, i didnt have this before so its probably on its way out////

1 - 9 of 9 Posts