Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am a very recent, and so far very happy, owner of a low mileage 18 plate S5. I reluctantly sold my Cayman S for this purchase and so far seem to find the performance not dissimilar. Early days! The ride is certainly more comfortable.

I have briefly been through the forums and note there are a number of discussions on this title but none which seem to answer my specific questions.

In a few months time the three year grace period on Audi Connect will come to an end and I will have to make a decision as to whether to renew the licence or not and my questions are:
What will I lose if I do not renew, and
What is the cost should I decide to renew? I have tried to find this information but so far have been unsuccessful.

From what I have seen of this forum the participants are very helpful.

Thank you in anticipation.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Hi,
There are two elements here: 1) Audi Connect licence extension and 2) Remote services.

Prices are per month, but you can get discounts by paying annually as u did for my remote services which cost me £40 for the year. Luckily, somehow my connect licence was active until beyond the end of my 4 year deal (don’t ask me how) as that is a lot more expensive… so much so that I would not have bothered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
903 Posts
Hello,

I am a very recent, and so far very happy, owner of a low mileage 18 plate S5. I reluctantly sold my Cayman S for this purchase and so far seem to find the performance not dissimilar. Early days! The ride is certainly more comfortable.

I have briefly been through the forums and note there are a number of discussions on this title but none which seem to answer my specific questions.

In a few months time the three year grace period on Audi Connect will come to an end and I will have to make a decision as to whether to renew the licence or not and my questions are:
What will I lose if I do not renew, and
What is the cost should I decide to renew? I have tried to find this information but so far have been unsuccessful.

From what I have seen of this forum the participants are very helpful.

Thank you in anticipation.
If you don’t renew the remote services you won’t have access to the car via your mobile app which allows you to view the cars status such as fuel, opened doors/Windows. You can lock/unlock the car via the app. I don’t personally see the benefit of this service to be totally honest. And if your car is parked without access to satellite then again no services above will be available.

if you don’t renew the connect services you just lose the Audi google earth maps and the online function for news and weather updates.

The 3D maps and traffic updates will continue to work as normal though.

~Alex

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine has just run out. To have everything back, New version of "Google Earth "maps etc was quoted as £140 for the year. I dont use it that much to justify the cost. A bit steep compared to other manufacturers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts