Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm part way through the process of setting up Audi Connect on my B9 A5, so far I have done the following:-

Set up an account with My Audi both on the PC & the iPhone app.

Logged in to Audi Connect in the car’s MMI using the My Audi username (e-mail) & password.

However the final step according to the app is to link the car to the My Audi account & to do so I need to set up a primary/key user in the ‘user management’ section of the MMI.

Apparently I need the 10 digit vehicle code which according to the app is on the vehicle key under an opaque safety film which isn’t on either of the keys I have. I've contacted both the dealer & Audi Customer Services (UK) & both are saying that I need to talk to the parts dept & purchase the code.

Before I do can someone check the numbers on the end of the key fob (see attached pic) against their vehicle code tag & let me know if any of the numbers tally as it makes me wonder if any of them is the vehicle code.

·
Registered
Audi 2018 S5, 2007 3.2 TT, 2010 A5
72 Posts
its not that, you have to go into audi and get that code (i think there is a small charge for a replacement) they also then authentic you to the car and authorise the app - i had to do the same when i purchased my S5 B9

Reactions: A5 Blue

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sorry mate, just checked mine and the code on the tag does not appear on the end of the key fob. The code is ten characters long, all uppercase letters, no numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: A5 Blue

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps, I thought I'd check just in case it matched :unsure: ........best get the wallet ready :rolleyes::LOL:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've literally just done the same thing this week, got my code today. Cost £63 and a few pence. That's got the app connected, and I can check fuel level, vehicle status etc in the app. My only problem now is that my app tells me I have to put an 8 digit PIN into the MMI, but I can't find anywhere to put it. It's a very late 16 B9 2.0 TFSI 252.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts