Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

In June I picked up my a5 sline meteor grey....I absolutely love the car so the problems I have had with the dealership where quickly forgotten when I took delivery(classic car salesman - say anything to get the deal done than back off of all).

Here is where things get in my view unacceptable.

When I got home I noticed that my car did not have the ParkTronic package which I paid for (noted on my purchase and sale agreement). I called the dealership and the agent told me she would get back to me...A few days later I was informed that a mistake was made and they would refund me the cost of the sensors ($450.00) plus GST. The car is so nice and I was feeling so good I could not argue with that...Besides what really could I do.

A few days later I recieved a subsequent email from the agent telling me that she spoke with management again, and that they "should" have charged me $800.00 more for the vehicle so I in fact owed them $350.00 but they would call it even. Plus they hoped that I would see this as a fair compromise. This $800.00 is not reflected on any agreement I have with them.

I have been enjoying this board since I ordered the car months ago....Does anyone have some advice or care to share an opinion? Am I wrong for thinking that this is such a low move?

Thanks for allowing the rant with questions....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well if you have a written contract with a written, agreed sales prices, it is not your problem, it's theirs.

You took delivery of the car at the agreed price with stated options on the contract, and they agreed to deliver the car at the agreed price with the stated options.

One stated option wasn't there, they owe you money.

If SUBSEQUENTLY they realize they mispriced your car, it is entirely their problem!!! They are only realizing they are not making as much money as they should have, and they are trying to cover their arses.

I would fight this like a gladiator. You should get 450$ back, and they should swallow the loss due to their mistake.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This $800.00 is not reflected on any agreement I have with them.
So what did they indicate the $800 is for exactly?

As Heyrenzo mentioned, you had a signed-off, agreed upon sales price for your car with specific options. If you didn't receive exactly what was stated in the agreement, then they owe you a refund. Period. Just because they might have goofed and undercharged you for something else shouldn't change things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said it was for the paint.....

This was their email response....

"I had submitted this request for your refund on the missing option and have been informed by management that we missed charging you for your paint colour on your original invoice which is an $800 cost. I know that we said there was no paint charge when you purchased the vehicle but it seems there was an error in our order guide which did not show the charge for this colour. Therefore, we will be unable to reimburse you the $450 but will not charge you for the difference of $350. I hope you can see this as a compromise on our part and I am sorry for all the confusion on the billing."

Originally the guy i bought the car from (who is now at porsche) told me paint was a NC item....

How do you fight a dealership that clearly lacks morals and a good attitude toward customer care...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow. That's complete bullscrap.

- Your contract shows parking plus for 450$ = you did not get it, hence you get it refunded.
- Your contract shows premium paint at no charge = you simply do not get charged! It's THEIR FAULT!

The order guide is their responsibility, not yours. They now realize the mistake because Audi is charging them for the premium paint, and they are pissed off because they also are hence realizing they are not making a 100% profit margin they should have on a brand new car that they usually sell at MSRP.

Think about it. Perhaps, when you signed the contract, you should have told them : "Ok thanks for calculating the price. Now could you please re-check your order guide and really make sure you charged me for EVERYTHING that I should be charged for?" Come on...

Their email SPECIFICALLY puts it in writing that THEY messed up. They ADMITTED they made a mistake.

What I would do? I'd start by arguing with them politely the points mentioned above. If this doesn't make it, I'd threaten with lawyers, Audi canada, your provincial customer rights agency, whatever you can come up with... I'd tell them you'll do all your services elsewhere (which is actually a big deal for them) etc. etc... Then, actually have the car serviced elsewhere

Legally, this case is all in your favour, and you have evidence of it. Just be firm when you discuss with them and don't show any sign of giving opening the door to agreeing with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses....I believe Audi thus far both on the sales level as well as corporately have not behaved appropriately. I guess I have to find the right person to hear this.

A decent Lawyer will cost more than its worth and from what I can tell they wont retrofit the parktronic.

My last two cars were BMW's I have never experienced anything like this. I love the car so it really keeps me from being totally blown away and angered.

Does anyone know of someone at Audi Canada thats worth talking too?

Thanks....

·
Registered
128 Posts
You don't need a lawyer for this.. since the amount of money involved is small.. just bring it to small claims court. You'll probably win.

·
Registered
11 Posts
which dealership did you go?

i ordered S5 in toronto last January 2008 but i didnt even get a Build date...

i am just worried about is it the same dealership or not....

-----------------------------

S5 PHONTOM BLACK / BLACK FULL LOADED

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Omega, here are 2 contacts in Toronto from Audi Corp you can sent your notes to:

[email protected] [email protected]

They were pretty responsive when I was purchasing my A5.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are behaving like asses!

The worst part is -- they are behaving that way coz they believe the chances of them getting away with it are very good (most customers wont take further action)! Show them they picked the wrong guy to fvck with! Small claims court should do it for you, or maybe a simple courtesy call from an attorney!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Audi Canada

Hi Omega,

You should be able to fight this VERY simply with pur logic.

There are TWO distinct issues here....

1. You were charged for something you did not receive. Hence you receive a refund. Any other response is....well call it what you like...illegal/immoral etc., but you have a watertight case.

2. You were given a free paint-job.... Er so? That is THEIR PROBLEM. How on earth can theses issues be tied together???? If the dealer wants money for it, then let them fight you in court!

These are 2 SEPARATE issues and the dealer thinks he can combine them!

We are lucky here in the UK - we have the 'Small Claims Courts' - where I have recently fought and succeeded in beating a major high street bank for refund of charges. Hope you have a similar system in Canada

Good luck!

Dave

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After constant emails they sent me back my $450.00....

I am now an owner without a home...I will never service my vehicle at that dealership etc...

In their explanation they blamed the confusion on their using the 2009 pricing guide....This was actually not even true as I was given a price guide from 2008 with my options and charges....Classic dealer stuff...

Audi certainly has the design and product they need to work out their service and care....

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's good to hear! Please make sure that Audi is aware of their attempted rip off of one of their customers for the record. We've all grown accustomed to being ripped off by car dealerships (hence the name stealership) because your average person will not stand up for themselves. We should use these forums to get them back as you did :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts