Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone buying or leasing in Canada this month....

Saw an ad on the Weather Network web site for a promotion month from Audi Canada, called the 'Audi Quattro Event'. Buy or lease a new Audi and you will receive a set of winter tires, or Audi Care Maintenance free. I'm just going to buy a set of wheels and winter tires from my dealer so this would of been nice a couple of months ago!

Here is the URL, could only find the offer associated to the GTA but I would think it would be applicable to the whole of Canada, worth asking your dealer anyway.

http://www.gtaaudidealers.com/audi/regional_aoa/gta/a4_cab_special.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
As luck would have it my s5 was delivered in October so it was a nice surprise when the dealer mentioned the promotion right before I took delivery. I chose the tires obviously and just picked them up (they didn't have them in stock when I was getting the car). I told them I was going to use the stock rims and switch out the rubber, so Dunlop Winter Sport 3D 255 35r 19's is what they gave me.

Now I'm looking into what I need to do regarding TPMS and that crap to get these things on. I can just turn the TPMS off in the winter right? Starting to think I should buy some crappyish rims just for the winter tires to make switching them much easier every year. They're only going to be on 4 months or so at a time, plus with all the salt/slush/pot holes I don't see the point of shelling out money for nice looking rims since they'll be ruined soon enough. Open to any suggestions if anyone knows what they're talking about, cause I don't. :)

In any case, if you took delivery of your a5/s5 in October and your dealer didn't mention that promotion get on their ass to give you your tires!

·
Registered
256 Posts
As luck would have it my s5 was delivered in October so it was a nice surprise when the dealer mentioned the promotion right before I took delivery. I chose the tires obviously and just picked them up (they didn't have them in stock when I was getting the car). I told them I was going to use the stock rims and switch out the rubber, so Dunlop Winter Sport 3D 255 35r 19's is what they gave me.

Now I'm looking into what I need to do regarding TPMS and that crap to get these things on. I can just turn the TPMS off in the winter right? Starting to think I should buy some crappyish rims just for the winter tires to make switching them much easier every year. They're only going to be on 4 months or so at a time, plus with all the salt/slush/pot holes I don't see the point of shelling out money for nice looking rims since they'll be ruined soon enough. Open to any suggestions if anyone knows what they're talking about, cause I don't. :)

In any case, if you took delivery of your a5/s5 in October and your dealer didn't mention that promotion get on their ass to give you your tires!
You can't just turn off the TPMS. If you buy a new set of wheels, you either need to buy a new set of sensors for them, or learn to ignore the TPMS warning light on the dash.

From my experience, I strongly recommend a set of dedicated winter wheels. Of course it adds to your initial cost, but there are many other advantages. In particular, then you can swap your summer/winter wheels whenever you need to, and not be at the mercy of the tire shop. Also, I found that each time I had the wheels remounted, my wheels got just a little more banged-up. A few years of that left me with some really ugly wheels!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts