Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

recently purchased 2010 a5 cab from these guys in Sydney ( I am in Brisbane )

Very disappointed in their customer care.

Issues.

1. Despite it being an Audi approved car, when I inspected it I found a bulge on the sidewall of one of the tyres and also the passenger side mirror was not working. Despite agreeing to fix these, when I received the car in Brisbane the car tyre had not been changed.

2. The rear number plate cover was missing.i found it in the boot - broken. I noted this when I inspected the car but assumed it would be replaced.

3. Car had not been cleaned/detailed as promised.

4. There was next to no fuel in tank - I barely made it to the petrol station. Is it to much to ask that after paying 60 thousand they they at least put 10 dollars worth of fuel in it ! There was even a petrol bowser on site at the dealership !

5. None of the necessary change of ownership paperwork was sent up with the car. I had to chase the dealership with numerous emails and phone calls ( many unanswered) to sort it out.

I received an email and phone calls requesting feedback on their customer service and have written a letter to dealership and Audi Australia.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That pretty much sounds like the WORST car buying experience I have ever heard of. That is absolutely unreal. Audi has a pretty strict policy on how to treat their customers and that sounds way out of scope!

I hope that someone up the chains makes this right for you. That's just bad karma...

·
Registered
498 Posts
That's shocking but at least with that sorry tale you should see some Audi goodwill come your way in response to your compliant.

Don't let the dealer experience taint what should be a great car ..,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys

Thanks for your input.

I will be very interested to see how they handle it.

dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
That is the dealer I bought both my A5 then S5 at and always used them for servicing and everytime they have been great.

Everyone has their own experience i guess.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
yep thats pretty poor, and I would understand that this experience has taken the edge off a high value purchase, so the apology should be commensurate.

google tells me that you live about 580 miles from the dealer...suspect you may have got poor treatment a) because they could, without fear of you popping back every 5 minutes and b) because you are a foreigner.

in the old country people in nottingham will give people from leicester poor service on purpose, and they are only 28 miles apart.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all. Was contacted by the dealership a few weeks as ago who said he would investigate the issue... Nothing since

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still nothing. Have sent them another letter. They obviously don't care. Car had been sold... End of their interest in the customer. Audi artarmon -hopeless customer care. Service with my wife's bmw is head and shoulders above what i have received from audi.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still no reply from Audi artarmon. Truly pathetic customer service. Will write a letter to Audi head office... Don't expect anything to happen though. Very unlikely to be buying Audi again. Will be going out my way to relate my experience with Audi artarmon to colleagues and friends.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't be too quick to rule out Audi from one dealer experience. I had some interesting experiences with Audi Five Dock and outright crap to reasonable service at Audi Center Sydney. Had but given up when I stumbled across Audi Sutherland and those guys could not be nicer.

It can be swing and a miss with dealers but from my experience there's usually at least a few good people mixed in there that just need finding.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Visited Audi in west Brisbane today who topped up my oil. Very impressed by their service. Friendly, courteous and helpful. Will be going there from now on. Have been to Audi Brisbane previously but found their customer service terrible.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've bought multiple cars from Alto in Artarmon and always had fantastic service...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts