Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy oh boy how shite are Audi?? VERY.

After going in to see them on Wednesday and nearly pulling my order 1 x S5 and 2 x A3's I decided to hang in there and see if things could improve over the next couple of weeks until my S5 (the never never car) arrived. Got a call yesterday to inform me that the guy who checks the updates of where all the cars are was on his day off but promised that he would call me today to let me know exact update of my vehicle.

Well it was nice to see Audi pulled out all the stops for a day at least, did I get a call today did I f*ck.

Well done Audi you just lost £75ks worth of orders, complete bunch of wasters wish my company could let 75 grand pissing walk out the order book.

One word to sum Audi up

WANKERS. :eek:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I wouldnt blame you mate, they've been pissing you around for weeks now.

:( I hope you take up Ians advice and speak to his contact.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh Ive had it up to the gills Robb. As you know I went to get the 2.7Tdi ! and came away with ordering the S5 but how many chances do you give them. They think that 'oh its ok he not cancelled the order we can piss him about some more', another sucker wants to give us money no matter what we do.

Not this time.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Dont blame Audi mate, its the damn stealer your using. If its completely put you off Audi i can understand, but what else is on the market that going to even come close to the S5.

·
Registered
109 Posts
well is the S5 really on the market :)
sure it looks amazing
but to order it in 2007 and still not have (like some people) is a joke

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm with Robb, find another stealer, the car is awesome.....worth the wait but not worth being pi$$ed about over..Change dealers and make it clear to the new dealer that you have been messed around and you aren't prepared to accept crap from them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm with Robb, find another stealer, the car is awesome.....worth the wait but not worth being pi$$ed about over..Change dealers and make it clear to the new dealer that you have been messed around and you aren't prepared to accept crap from them.
+1 this is the route to take.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Fu*k them Panther,take your money elsewhere and do buisness i am sure there must be another Audi dealer even if you have to drive a little way that will treat you better than them idiots :mad:

Remember though not all Audi dealers are like that,one bad ealer doesnt give them all a bad name even if it looks like that at this minute which i can understand 100% who wouldnt :rolleyes:

My advice would be to hang in there though.Like people keep telling you the S5 is worth the wait,couldnt you go the used option for the S5 even if it means travelling,plenty out there with low mileage :)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's just P'bo Audi who are shite...

Hey PP, Sorry to hear that. Although you are experiencing the Peterborough Audi Dealership, not Audi per se.

Seriously mate if yuou want an audi, ring Tim White at Carlisle Audi, metion my name and your predicament... He will give you outstanding service. Guaranteed. After my experiences with P'bo audi, I phoned around and Carlisle were brilliant.

As far as servicing goes, I would avoid P'bo Audi and go to Wings of peterborough (Skoda, but still VAG group). They are much cheaper and far more accomodating than P'bo Audi. Warranty is not an issue because of the new european laws which mean you can have your car serviced anywhere and still retain the warranty.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the support there guys, love the car and had my heart set on it so I dont really want to jump ship now but the customer service is taking the p*ss big time and now if I go to another dealer unless they can obtain my car from P/boro I might have to get a second hand car that wont be to what I specced up or join the queue for another order which causes a few probs as I arranged everything around the dates the muppets gave me for the original delivery (i.e sold my car etc) I had even booked the last week of in June so me and the wife could drive round the coast of britain in the new car!

At the moment they have lent me a brand new A6 but this has now got painfull and to go from such excitment of the test drive and trying to talk myself out of having one to ordering it then get the whole experience ruined by these clowns.

Best get on the phone tomorrow I think see what somebody else can do I guess.

·
Registered
225 Posts
PP, I had a completely different experience recently, I walked into dealer on a weds, told them what I was after spec wise, must have and nice to have and the guy sat there and made calls until he found just what I wanted, I got the car 6 days later....

I would gladly recommend him, PM me if you want details or let me have yours and I will get him to call you...

Jason

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to call another couple of dealers but the thought of another looong wait is not really an appetissing thought for me. I have no vehicle as I have arranged evrything around the original dates that Audi gave me so now Audi have completley screwed my plans up.

Unfortunatley I have been looking at other cars and I am of to the Porsche garage today to look at the Caymen and get a test drive in that as it was this car that the S5 took me away from in the first place. I placed this order with Audi at the beginning of April and to be p*issed about for 3 months aint my idea of a good day out nor customer service.

It makes me sooo mad all I asked for was one f*cking phone call on Friday, one phone call!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im going to call another couple of dealers but the thought of another looong wait is not really an appetissing thought for me. I have no vehicle as I have arranged evrything around the original dates that Audi gave me so now Audi have completley screwed my plans up.

Unfortunatley I have been looking at other cars and I am of to the Porsche garage today to look at the Caymen and get a test drive in that as it was this car that the S5 took me away from in the first place. I placed this order with Audi at the beginning of April and to be p*issed about for 3 months aint my idea of a good day out nor customer service.

It makes me sooo mad all I asked for was one f*cking phone call on Friday, one phone call!!
The reason for your wait is because the car so bloody good, dont think 10-12 weeks is that bad. you should get a Cayman because there crap.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
479 Posts
From page 47 of the UK handbook:

"In the unlikely event of a delay, we will provide you with a courtesy car to minimise inconvenience and keep you mobile."

You said you do loads of miles and although it won't be your S5, why not use their car for 12 weeks and let them stand the loss?

·
Registered
39 Posts
same in U.S

just read some of these threads. same thing happened to me. im in new jersey. they wanted to get mine quick, because i own a couple of the hottest club/restuarants in tri state area. so they wanted the car outside of my spots for publicity. my point, i never, ever got a phone call when they promised. never returned a call quicker than 2 weeks. finally got a car close to what i asked for, and THEN the salesman begged me to fill out the questionaire with all 'excellent' scores!! incuding the question about returning phone calls in a timely manner.

·
Registered
39 Posts
no dice

i havent filled out the survey yet. im not sure whether to be honest, or lie and say the service was ok just in case. because when i take the car for a service or see the salesman about a problem, i dont want my service even worse. let me know what u think.......

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol really this is what I think

I must stop adding to this thread as I now have a new thread where Audi are my new best friends :D.. no they are really :rolleyes: my car has been built and I have seen the fax confirming this.

Once I get the car I will fill the form out saying that I have fully enjoyed the experience of buying a brand new car from Audi and I have been treated very well...

Hahahahahahahahahahah you must be F*ing joking. :D Get my hands on the keys thats the last they see of me

·
Registered
237 Posts
i havent filled out the survey yet. im not sure whether to be honest, or lie and say the service was ok just in case. because when i take the car for a service or see the salesman about a problem, i dont want my service even worse. let me know what u think.......
Bigwhite - I think PinkPanther's attitude is better. You don't owe them anything - I thought it was us brits that were supposed to be rubish at complaining!

Seriously though my experience as a cutomer (and as a salesman) is that those that complain get treated better when they return, not worse - it's people that roll over that get abused time and time again. You need to tell them as it is otherwise they'll continue in their sloppy ways.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts