Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For US Super Bowl viewers, Audi is spending significant $s on ads.
The take-away message is aimed to communicate new world versus old world luxury car brands.

From AdWeek http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003696206
...."Audi's first Super Bowl spot since 1991 will use one of the themes, if not scenes, from the classic movie The Godfather. The spot will run during the first quarter of the Super Bowl."

"Audi will capitalize on its Super Bowl presence with event marketing in the host city, Phoenix. The Audi Forum Phoenix is a temporary branded storefront open to media, dealers and VIPs, similar to the permanent storefront in New York and eight other cities worldwide. The forum's informational exhibits and product allow visitors to engage with the Audi brand."

USA today has a story on it as well: "Audi's Super Bowl ad oozes drama":
http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/2008-01-17-audi-super-bowl_N.htm?csp=34

·
Registered
685 Posts
Very cool, Audi has certainly stepped up the S5 marketing too, I am seeing ads via Google all over other sites. I can't wait for the Superbowl, still can't believe that Green Bay game last night.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super Bowl Commercial Viewing

For international members or those who will not see the Super Bowl, the commercials are so popular they will be posted all over the Web after the game for later viewing.

The ad placements are so coveted that Fox Broadcasting is getting up to $2.7M for 30 second spots.

clopez62..Thanks for the countdown pointer

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Love it! Absolutely love it! "Old luxury just got put on notice." :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just went threw the entire Truth in Engineering website. A bunch of short videos that do really well to promote Audi's engineering without specifically naming their competitors.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I just went threw the entire Truth in Engineering website. A bunch of short videos that do really well to promote Audi's engineering without specifically naming their competitors.
Yeah, definitely worth watching all the videos. Wonder if "Truth in What's Next" will air as a commercial. It introduces the return of the coupe after 11 years. Yeah! :D

I'd link to it, but it's not possible. Just have to go here and click on the video.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just saw an ad for the R8 while watching the super bowl. It was simply awesome! My wife was even speachless!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, I just got back from a Super Bowl party (left early). After that R8 commercial came on, I heard a woman say to her husband: "Wow, that looks better than your Ferrari." :D

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Just saw an ad for the R8 while watching the super bowl. It was simply awesome! My wife was even speachless!
Um...welcome to the thread, Arvin. :p

Yeah, I just got back from a Super Bowl party (left early). After that R8 commercial came on, I heard a woman say to her husband: "Wow, that looks better than your Ferrari." :D

Heheh...a few people at the party I was at know I'm an Audi fiend and were asking me how much the R8 is. The typical response was something along the lines of "Oh".

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
May I be the first in this thread to congratulate the NY Giants on upsetting the Patriot's apple cart and winning as underdogs. For those Patriot fans out there - my commiserations, but I think you've done quite enough winning for one season...:D 18-1 is a fantastic record by anyone's standard, it's just a shame that the 1 loss was in the biggest game of all.

Hope you all enjoyed the parties - I was just at home and stayed up into the wee small hours (though was falling asleep during the 3rd). Woke up for the most important bit though!

Didn't get the Audi ads over here as I watched it all on BBC2, so no ads at all:D

Watched them previously on the Truth In Engineering website though, and look great - wonder whether we'll get them over here in time?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think my absolute favorite commercial was the Bridgestone "Squirrel" commercial. And the BEST part was where the grasshopper wails out a barely audible scream as the car is approaching the squirrel.

All of the Super Bowl commercials (including this one) can be found here. (Supposedly the commercials will remain on this site indefinitely.)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I guess we can start listing sites where you can vote for the Audi commercial.

Here's the first I've seen.
They have Audi as one of the top 10 for which you can vote, but everyone is basically getting crushed by that stupid Clydesdale in training (Bud) commercial, which I easily had as one of my BOTTOM 10. Talk about regurgitated and insipid crap.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Interstingly, the clips are not available to those of us in the UK. a little dialogue comes up saying "We're sorry the clip you are trying to play is not currently available in you area."
:confused:
!!!
Sorry My Arse.

If they were really sorry, they'd let me watch it anyhow!
:mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.