Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, anybody knows an audi insider who would have access codes ( pin number, dealer id. etc) to go on audi access site to verify the status of our orders without having to call the rep. and be b.s.. Just wandering!!!.

·
Registered
8 Posts
frustrated in montreal

I ordered my S5 in nov. 07 and was told delivery would be in march 08, then I was told june'08 and now no date available, Something about sunroof production problems. Does anyone know more ? dealer is very evasive and audi canada not any better ..

·
Registered
483 Posts
i hear you guys.. we are all in the same boat... unfortunately, we don't have (and we are unlikely to get) access codes to check ourselves.... it's very frustrating :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI supermac,mine was order in august 07 its still a status 10 not on the line of production yet, and the dealer doesnt seem to want to call audi germany to see if the delivery is still for the end of may. I think the dealay could be because i ordered tiptronic, which was only available here in spring. Whereabout in montreal are you and where did you place your order. I saw one silver in my neighborhood last week was happy for the lucky guy but at the same time jealous, and what are the odds the same neighborhood (Fontainebleau in Blainville), considering the quantity of S5 on the road in Montreal!!!!.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi mdg,

My dealer is in saint laurent. There has been a grey S5 in the show room now for over 6 weeks. They keep telling me that it is sold !!! but nobody is picking it up ?? I think that they are just showing the car to get people hooked.

I haven't seen any on the road in the Montreal area yet ?

I would like to hear from someone who has taken delivery of an S5 in Canada and find out how long it took to get.

·
Registered
298 Posts
HI supermac,mine was order in august 07 its still a status 10 not on the line of production yet, and the dealer doesnt seem to want to call audi germany to see if the delivery is still for the end of may. I think the dealay could be because i ordered tiptronic, which was only available here in spring. Whereabout in montreal are you and where did you place your order. I saw one silver in my neighborhood last week was happy for the lucky guy but at the same time jealous, and what are the odds the same neighborhood (Fontainebleau in Blainville), considering the quantity of S5 on the road in Montreal!!!!.
Wow that is horrible. I ordered mine in November and it just arrived (although the car was already alloted for the dealer but had not been spec'd yet, allowing me to do so). I know that the US has had difficulty getting the car because audi apparently makes less money on US sales than europe (can't really blame them- they, like anyone, want to make as much cash as they can). But your dollar is stronger than ours currently, so this seems counter intuitive that the country responsible for the greatest sport on earth (hockey of course-go PENS) seems to be having even more difficulty getting the car. Keep us up to date!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi MDG

Sorry to get out of subject here but I was wondering where you ordered your S5? Im considering ordering one in a few weeks and was considering Audi Lauzon in Laval (since its the closest one).

·
Registered
151 Posts
There's a guy on AudiWorld a5/s5 forum that has run tons of commission numbers for people. He can tell you exactly where your car is in the order bank, production, shipping, etc.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i tried that but Tim said he couldn't find mine... and i asked my dealer and the dealer said it's b/c US dealers won't be able to see Cdn orders... not sure if just more bs....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi Darkprince, i ordered mine in sherbrooke because they had one ordered since august 07, and the client bought another car and they had nobody on the list. I had also given a deposit at Lauzon, Prestige and Dexters in Nova scottia but got refunded, when the dealership in sherbrooke told me it was going to be delivered the end of may, which im not so sure now when it wil arrive, considering they started making tip. on february 08. At lauzon there were at least 15 person on the waiting list for an S5, i was one amongst the last ones, the rep. did not want to tell me exactly what number i was, he wanted to make sure i wasnt going to cancel, didnt work!!. The rep. at Lauzon called me back last week to tell me they have 2 A5 available now, but i want the S5, im slowly getting tired of waiting though, yesterday went across the street to Bmw, they have 5 M3 on the lot outside. Extremely tempting. I can have one next week in my garage, meanwhile the S5 was a status 10 a month ago and still not being built at the moment. It takes 2 months from the day they start the process. If it goes farther then july im going to Bmw, ill keep u posted if i do, so u can get my S5 if u dont mind waiting till the end of summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts