Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some help, tried looking through google but I cant really find a place to get decent upgrades(mostly looking for engine upgrades).....

Also what would be the best upgrade to increase MPG.......

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Also what would be the best upgrade to increase MPG.......
Reduce the weight of the car where possible. If you have a full size spare wheel replace it with a space saver or tyre mobility kit, use a lighter car battery and also make the wheels lighter too (forged). If you do these three things you will reduce the weight of the car down by about 40kg - 60kg (90 - 130 lbs).

Also only drive around with your petrol tank half full. Not sure how much of an MPG difference you will see but its best thing I can think of.

Just one other thing, if your worried about MPG in this car, wait till the S5 comes along :D
Or you could save your money and mod the S5 when it comes, which is probably what I would do.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah i know.....but i dont think im gunna end up getting the s5 anymore.....

not because of the gas-i use to have an a8 4.2 quattro so i figured the gas would be comprable to that(maybe not)-and it wasnt TOO bad

i was thinking about maybe getting a small turbo or supercharger? tey have cheap plastic ones on ebay (just type audi supercharger)-they say you'll get like 50hp boost-but i dont really know much about modding cars-i like to keep u stock......(usually)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts