Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would post this info here. A compare between the Audi and BMW. I like the Audi better.

Front view:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Rear view:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Audi

Ref: Link

·
Registered
99 Posts
Invalid attachments. I'd still take the A5.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The A5 has a much lower roof.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey ABhat,
are you considering other cars too? I think I'm gonna test drive the 335i and the g37 next year to see how they feel but I'm pretty set on getting an A5. What about you?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi,

Yeah, I'm pretty set on the A5. Trying to determine the price saving for a European delivery. From what I've gathered its about 5% less of MSRP. So at around 40K, you'll save about $2000. So a $1000 dollars after travel plus VAT is questionable may help me understand if this is a good option for me or not.

I've also been really digging into the differences between the A5 and S5 lately.

The obvious differences:
Engine V8 vs V6
Quad tail pipes
More std options
Brushed side mirrors
Front grille
Tires
Interior / Exterior color options

The other differences:
Same body color just inside the door
Alcantara leather only available on S5
Carbon Inlay (and perhaps others) only available on S5

Getting the A5 V6 3.2L:
I have decided on the Navi option, convenience package, tech package, Meteor Gray exterior, Brown interior, 5 spoke rims, and hopefully Carbon inlay. Undecided on the sports package.

How about you?

Hey ABhat,
are you considering other cars too? I think I'm gonna test drive the 335i and the g37 next year to see how they feel but I'm pretty set on getting an A5. What about you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I want to order the 3.2 quattro version in deep blue, and will probably order the same options you listed plus the sports package (I think it includes black leather interior as std, it's just a guess based off the new tt package). Hopefully it will be around $45,000 or else I may have to change some options haha.

The S5 and A5 do look very similar, which is a good thing for A5 owners I suppose. However, I would never try to pose as a S5 owner though, I see alot of debaged cars here in socal pretending to drive a higher class model.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I wouldn't pose as a S5 owner either. Funny thing is the deep blue is my second choice of color. So excellent choice there.

Beware of the black interior for hot days. The black will absorb light making your seats extremely hot. On the other hand a lighter (interior) color is harder to keep clean. That's why my choice is the one in the middle (brown). But this is truly a personal choice.

I'm going to see what the sports package includes before deciding. I've driven a Mercede's (forgot the model) with the option to switch suspension modes. Honestly, I did not notice a difference. I drove both in the city of Miami, FL and on the highway. Have to say, the sport seats were nice though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hear ya, the black interior is going to trap alot of heat, especially during summer. Let's hope Audi makes the sport package worthwhile.

Have you test driven the new mercedes c-class? I don't think like the rear styling and the interior but other than that it seems pretty nice.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope haven't test driven the latest model. To be honest, this will be my very first luxery car even though I have driven many that either friends / relatives own.

From my research, Audi is the best to go with. Especially the A5 model. Typically reliable if taken care of with general maintenance. The only issues that I know of are the high costs after the warrenty runs out. So do get the extended warrenty (whichever one covers the timing belt).

Oh try not to lease. Just some info from the research I've done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some of the reviewers have complained that the A5 doesn't have much personality design wise. I personally think it looks better than the 3 series coupe and actually follows better design principles. Granted the A5 could have had a bit more edge to it, perhaps some stronger lines and wider arches, but I think we'll see that in 2 years when they bring out a face lift model.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you test driven the new mercedes c-class? I don't think like the rear styling and the interior but other than that it seems pretty nice.
The new C-Class is quite nice, certainly compared to the older model. I wouldn't want one though... I'm not old enough! :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard the same thing about the lines. From one review I read the original concept car was better looking with more curves. However, this is what happens when Italy and Germany get together. If it were 100% Italian it probably would have looked more like its original concept.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How much would an A5 cost with all those options?

If I get an A5, hoping it won't exceed 42K.

I want the keyless entry and the nav and the cornering lights. That's about it. And of course a cd changer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts