1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum out of los angeles, ca and eagerly waiting
the release of the A5 to the US.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a better description of what differes
'body-wise' from the A5 vs. the A5 "S-Line".
Pictures comparing the two would be a HUGE help. Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Regarding both you rcolor request in another thread and the above query, see http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/13957.phtml

The S-line has an S-Line badge on the side (where V-8 is on the S5) and some sort of revisions to the bumpers (not sure what though..?). I think there may be a rear valence (mesh in back below bumper) and there is definitely some sort of ridge running below both doors. Oh and there are aluminum door sills with S-Line on them, in each door. There are some S-Lines in the link above showing some of these details.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
S-line adds:
-Side skirt (same as on S5)
-Front bumper similar to S5 (except bottom center piece is body color and not an aluminum finish color like on the S5)
-Rear bumper similar to S5, but diffuser is different

EDIT:
Following is a comprehensive list of additional features included in the S-line package on a U.S. spec A5:
* Sport suspension
* 19" five-arm Y-design wheels with 255/35/19 summer performance tires
* S-line badge on front fenders
* Sport seats
* Brushed aluminum interior decorative inlays
* S-line badge and silver stitching on steering wheel
* Silver stitching on shift boot
* Headlamp washers
* Aluminum door sill scuff plates with S-line badge
* Black headliner

First two pics below are of an S-line. Third is a regular A5. Notice the difference in the placement of the fog lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
S-Line A5 can look VERY nice :) The wheels, ride height, rear diffuser, side blades and a deep shine make all the difference...

I am thinking more about an S-Line A5 3.2 Q or 3.0TDi Q, rather than the S5, because of the scary fuel consumption of the S :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S-line adds:
-Side skirt (same as on S5)
-Front bumper similar to S5 (except bottom center piece is body color and not an aluminum finish color like on the S5)
-Rear bumper similar to S5, but diffuser is different

First two pics below are of an S-line. Third is a regular A5. Notice the difference in the placement of the fog lights.
Awesome. Thanks so much. I definitely see the difference now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
S-Line A5 can look VERY nice :)

I am thinking more about an S-Line A5 3.2 Q or 3.0TDi Q, rather than the S5 because of the scary fuel consumption of the S :(

Yes. I've been staring at this EXACT pic for the last 2 days. I love the look
of this A-5 "S-Line". I just wish it wasnt mandatory BLACK interior for S-Line, cause I wanted a lighter interior. **EDIT** After staring at that pic some more, im in love. I love the dropped front bumper...more sporty look. Ive convinced myself to sacrifice light interior for the external beauty.

The other bugger about my idea is that the US doesnt get Phantom Black (which is what this picture shows).
Thanks HOUSEOFG for the 'color' post. I also saw that earlier, but my eyes cant figure out the difference between PHANTOM & BRILLIANT black. Basically, im trying to figure out how the car above would look differently if it was BRILLIANT.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The other bugger about my idea is that the US doesnt get Phantom Black (which is what this picture shows).
Thanks HOUSEOFG for the 'color' post. I also saw that earlier, but my eyes cant figure out the difference between PHANTOM & BRILLIANT black. Basically, im trying to figure out how the car above would look differently if it was BRILLIANT.
Any help is appreciated.
Brilliant black looks exactly the same. See the latest post by Ghost Rider here (http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/phantom-black-v-851/index.html?t=851&highlight=brilliant) to see the difference between the two blacks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes. I've been staring at this EXACT pic for the last 2 days. I love the look
of this A-5 "S-Line". I just wish it wasnt mandatory BLACK interior for S-Line, cause I wanted a lighter interior. **EDIT** After staring at that pic some more, im in love. I love the dropped front bumper...more sporty look. Ive convinced myself to sacrifice light interior for the external beauty.

Any help is appreciated.
Thats tempting me too I must admit - and Avus Silver would look good with a black interior I think? :cool:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Interesting Comparison Pics

I know this thread is about the A5 and A5 S-Line, but here are a couple of pics to show the differences between the S5 and a standard A5..

S5 - Notice how the front bumper and the side blades are exactly the same as the black S-Line pics above. Fog lamp positions make it easy to spot the difference, on a black car, when the grill shapes are not so visible. A5 fogs intersect at the top edge, but S-Line & S fogs don't.

A5 - If this car had the LED headlights and the S-Line kit, the difference would not be quite so apparent

I think the A5 "needs" the S-Line kit.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I know this thread is about the A5 and A5 S-Line, but here are a couple of pics to show the differences between the S5 and a standard A5

I think the A5 "needs" the S-Line kit.
It does look a lot better with it for sure :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thats tempting me too I must admit - and Avus Silver would look good with a black interior I think? :cool:
Yeah, I still eye a change to Avus Silver every now and then. And I agree engineea about the requisite black interior with S-Line. I don't dislike black, but I'd like to have options. Then again, it did save me an equal amount of torture about the interior color!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brilliant black looks exactly the same. See the latest post by Ghost Rider here (http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/phantom-black-v-851/index.html?t=851&highlight=brilliant) to see the difference between the two blacks.
SAJ, thanks soo much for the info!
I definitely feel better about BB now. Now I guess its between BB & DSB,
but have not gotten many positive responses regarding Deep Sea Blue,
any reason why?

And regarding the S-Line, I guess I will just have to see if I can find a dealership that has both S-Line and regular A5 so I can compare in person,
cause Id really like a light interior.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can always just get the S line exterior and leave the interior normal. At least that’s an option in continental Europe, not sure about GB.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You can always just get the S line exterior and leave the interior normal. At least that’s an option in continental Europe, not sure about GB.
S-line is not an option in the UK at this time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts