Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

Been some time since I posted anything. I have decided the Stock rattle-can subwoofer has finally annoyed me enough to change it. I contacted this legend "Toid" on this forum who has helped me find suitable subwoofers that can turn the boot into a sealed sub..... Kinda experimental see the forum post here. Guy knows his stuff.

So with the parts ordered I went with the Vibe amp and the GZ sub. Can someone tell me where I can get a signal connection to tell the new amp when to power on and off?

I have the attached Stock amp info from ETKA

Also, what is the name of the connector the stock sub uses? I was planning on making a plug to connect to the existing sub input and using that to go into the new amp? unless there's a better way?

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here you go- see attached photo of where I've connected my Sub amp in the rear right pull-down cubby (Coupe) this automatically switches the amp off when the ignition is turned off- so no chance of battery drain & no issues.

I also realised that I still have this (great sounding boxed) JL Sub - see 3 other pics, its in excellent condition- I bought it brand new & only used for a few months- it fits perfectly just behind the lift up boot section and underneath the rear deck on the Coupe, so you just disconnect the stock deck Sub and run this one (rear facing) instead so they don't clash and you get no rattles from the derck- also its super easy to take out when space is needed, so if you put an in-line switch on the feed to the stock sub that you can leave in situ you can then switch it back on whenever this one is taken out.
(Sorry to hijack your post as I know you've already bought a replacement one for your deck, but this is an alternative option- if anyone else is interested, please send me a PM):

JL Audio 10WX-4 10 Inch 25cm 200 Watts RMS 4 ohm Car Sub Subwoofer

Attachments

Reactions: V6thomas

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries mate, Thanks for the reply so that blue cable is your signal off some sort of relay? I think that relays for the fuel pump?
Explain like I'm five, please :cry:

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK, cheers:
Yes, that it- the blue wire is from (what I think is) the fuel pump relay- which is activated by the ignition- so it switches on/ off as soon as you turn the car off / on which is what I wanted to avoid any possibility of the amp getting power when the car is turned off, so I just ran the wire neatly out of the way under the boot floor lip to the other side cubby, where my Sub amp is mounted on top of the B&O stack, and used this as the + power feed to the amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts