Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I haven't looked after my car properly and its come to the point where it makes weird sounds at low speeds and uneven roads and when going over bumps. My rear shock absorber needs replacing and when I went to check what could be causing these sounds I was told everything seemed fine underneath but both front shockers were leaking too. I was recommended to do all 4 if I was going to do 3 but the price was quite steep. I have found a place that will do them if I purchase the part separately but wondered if the parts I found on ebay (the seller confirmed on PM that they will fit) will be up to standard. The reviews seem impeccable and a reputable seller.

Front Shock Absorber for Audi A5 (8F, 8T) S-Line / Sports Suspension 2007-2017 | eBay - Will need to purchase 2
Rear Shock Absorber x2 for Audi A5 (8F, 8T) S-Line / Sports Suspension 2007-2017 5056002814386 | eBay - These come as a pair standard

The reason for replacing the shockers was a small accident I had a little while ago and this also caused the exhaust to detach itself, a local garage cabletied it but im thinking of fixing it correctly to avoid further issues. Do you guys think this is the part I need for the exhaust? New Rear Exhaust Bracket Mount Muffler Hanger For Audi A4 B8 A5 B8 A6 A7 A8 | eBay

Thank you

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am assumng you have a B8 or early B8.5.
I have a 2009 A5 and replaced all 4 shocks and few front control arms this month. The ride is different car compared to what I purchased back in Oct last year.

The front 2 shocks were original but the rear 2 was replaced 7 years by Audi warranty but still all 4 was shot. I personally would never replace a single shock..always replace in pairs but a car this old you will notice the improvement if replace all 4 unless you want to get rid of car very soon.

The shocks are not very expensive but the garage fitting cost will be. It was my 1st Audi suspsnion resfresh DIY and took me about 4 hours for the front and 2 hours for the rear. Another 4 hours for the both upper control arms and 1 lower arm but was worth it :cool:

You should also replace the front rubber strut mount same time.. they only cost £10 each.

Don't fit those junk you have linked on ebay. You can get OEM Sach front shock about £50 each and £45 for rear from Autodoc. You need to download thier app on your mobile and their discount changes daily. Wait until it changes to 38% discount and purchase..it will never go above 38%..except for back Fri I see low as 42%

How much is the garage quoating you to replace the shocks?

Can't really help with the exahust clamp :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
Agree on buying quality replacements. You'll be penny wise but pound foolish if you buy cheap crap.

There should be a part number stamped on the exhaust hanger. Find it and do a Google search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts