Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Do you approve?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well. I purchased my towbar yesterday. Just got to fit the bloody thing now then i can get a Thule bike carrier which tilts forwards
Did notice i only have one cooling fan on my 3.0 but i,m not towing anything & i did ring the dealer & he said he had no bulletin for the fan mod even tho we know otherwise.
Opted for the 13 pin socket but also bought a 13 to 7 adaptor
£299 all in for the Detachable Westfalia swan neck & car specific wiring loom which look like its going to be fun to fit

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hi blackie

What age is your car? My 58 plate had only one and apparently 'they couldn't code the towbar' without fitting the 2 fan system. (still got the single fan if anyone wants one!)

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Its a 2010 mate. TBH i would have thought it would have a 2 fans. Perhaps a call to Ben is in order
I,m sure i can code it in vag. Or at least i,m going to have a go
My 2008/58 Coupe came with one fan and had to be upgraded for towbar.. my 2011 /11 Cabriolet came with 2 and no intention of fitting towbar... very odd!

Good luck! If you get stuck PM me and I'll give you a helpful contact. Also interested in your Corsican links, have a mate in Bastiacaccia.. he works for the Corsican Govt (equivalent of HMRC)and has an Audi and a big Kawasaki +Black belt in Judo!:ninja2:

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bleh, agree that's an ugly roof rack on a gorgeous car...

Sad to say, I think this is one area BMW beats Audi on - theirs clip into existing mounting points seamlessly.

Bike looks great though!

S

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I know this thread is pretty old now but i wanted to know if any faults developed with the rubbers over time? Just bought a new A5 with a rack but have concerns about fitting it!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi guys, I know this thread is pretty old now but i wanted to know if any faults developed with the rubbers over time? Just bought a new A5 with a rack but have concerns about fitting it!
I have used my rack about 20 or so times and I haven't seen any issues with the rubber nor any paint damage to the roof.

It's a pain to fit but mine works fine once it's on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used my rack about 20 or so times and I haven't seen any issues with the rubber nor any paint damage to the roof.

It's a pain to fit but mine works fine once it's on.
Thansk Andy! Had to take my 1st rack back as it refused to say in the grove on the roof, 2nd one works a dream. Pain to get on like you say but its definately getting easier!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been informed by my partner, categorically, that if I wanted to haul a kayak with the RS5 that I should've gotten a different car.

Bye bye kayak.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Bye Bye partner ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Naw, bye-bye kayak. She's totally a keeper (and loves the RS5, refusing to let me ruin those sleek lines with racks and bars).

·
Registered
796 Posts
Rhino-rack makes a very nice rack that I bought along with a steel mesh platform for my RS5 to haul track tires. High quality and a better deal than the Audi version. Many options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SeaSucker

Has anyone experienced this product yet? Curious as its simplicity is very appealing to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got round to putting on the Audi roof rack, what a bloody palarva! :yikes:

It operates exactly the same as a THULE (probably made by them) if you've used them before, but the main difference is that the A5 has no rails of any kind on the roof, so it clamps against the side of the roof underneath the rubber seals, doesn't exactly look very nice and I've already slightly scratched the newly sprayed window surround faffing around getting it on.

Well now it's on now and is solid, now I've worked out how to do it I will use it when I need to, obviously not cool to keep on an RS5 permenantly but it will get me out of a hole come race day or family visits.

Can you tell me what make this is please?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts