Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking to go from 2G to 3G+ in my 2009 S5. I already bought the MMI unit, the radio, the screen and trim, a new B&O amp, the controls, and the gateway module. I know I need to buy a wiring harness still, and that I will need to do coding and CP removal after. Am I missing anything? I know its listed above, but I always consult the experts first haha. Thanks!

- Tyler

·
Registered
6 Posts
is there anyone apart from stealership to remove CP ?
Apparently there is a guy in Poland who can do it remotely. He has you buy a cable and plug in with a computer to some wifi. I can't for the life of me remember his name. I tried digging through the forums to find it but had no luck. Otherwise, yes the dealer is another option. I have heard from other guys that it only cost them $175 or so to do it. So I guess its hit or miss. I'll let you know once I am at that point!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You also don't need a full replacement loom, I'll dig up my pictures of what was done one mine, basically the 2g loom had two retrofit ends fitted to it, one at the front to convert 2g cables into 3g ends for the gateway, screen and controller. the other end was to convert the radio etc into the same style of the 3g radio and amp.

Meant i didn't have to rip out the MOST cables for the car, and was significantly cheaper to do than a full wiring loom replacement (around 100GBP, if you source parts yourself)
Sweet thanks! But is the 3g loom the same for both 3Gh and 3G+. Just trying to figure what parts I need to source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.