Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I wasn't able to get in touch with my Audi parts dept. yesterday so I thought I'd turn here. I've read through this forum and gathered good information. I still have several questions though:

1. Can the adaptive lights be installed in a 2008 A5 that currently doesn't have that feature? For those that have it - is it a useful feature?

2. In previous posts we've discussed the Driver info display (multi color vs. monocrhome). Does anyone know the part # for the multicolor?

3. Lastly, the Audi Parking System - can it be a standalone install without the full technology package?

Regards,
Tony

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1. Can the adaptive lights be installed in a 2008 A5 that currently doesn't have that feature? For those that have it - is it a useful feature?
I'm sure they could be retrofitted, but I'm just not sure what all would be involved. It could be as simple as plugging them right into the existing wiring harness and then using the VCDS (formerly known as "VAG-COM") software to tell the car that it is now using adaptive headlights.

As for their usefulness, I think they're pretty neat to have if you regularly drive on twisty roads since they help to light up the side of the road more as the car turns. I don't drive on lots of twisty roads, so I don't get that much benefit out of them to be honest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts