Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with ID MIB version etc:
2018 Audi A5 Coupe, 2L TDI, purchased in Germany. The MAPS is not loading & looking for a work around
I posted up by mistake for MMI info: & was informed I was posting to the wrong group, because my unit was an MIB unit & NOT an MMI.
Please see IMAGE below & guide me to MIB info: threads.
Ya, I'm a newbie. Thanks.

Attachments

· Registered
69 Posts
so go to congo activator and read it carefully, use first 1: the version 2.3 and later 2: the last maps

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks Alex / before I forget Merry XMas & Prosperous New Year.
Seeing as I don't know what I am doing, will take my time to study the Congo Activator before attempting the update.
You have indicated "the last maps" > would this be version ????
As per Congos WARNING > Always make sure you are using the latest version of the activator.
What is the CORRECT ACTIVATOR VERSION for my MIB??
Forgive me if my questions seem tedious :(
Sincere thanks.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greetings to ALL!
New Topic: Can some one please shed some info: Ref: Android Auto
Does my MIB/MMI version (above) have access to Android Auto?
I have installed Android Auto on my Cell Phone (Honor 8 pro) but am unable to locate any option to ENABLE Android Auto, even when I connect the phone via USB cable etc: etc:
Is there a Hard Ware component that needs to be installed on the car Radio unit?
Please excuse my ignorance, completely in the dark here.

sincere thanks.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so go to congo activator and read it carefully, use first 1: the version 2.3 and later 2: the last maps
Hi Alex, another question from a newbee. I have downloaded ALL (3) files relevant to Audi & is there any SPECIFIC ORDER these files should be DOWNLOADED to the SD Card & then UPLOADDED to the vehicle? The (3) relevant files I am referring to are 2022/2023 Maps > Congo Activator > Software <
Sincere thanks & your advice on topic would be much welcome & appreciated.
Beetlenut.

· Registered
69 Posts
@beetlenut

my way if I do (1.step I do only if the existing firmware are not working well. Bluetooth or others, if all ok starts with 2.step)
1. step read the pdf Software update instruction and update the firmware via sd card, checking if all ok, then next step
2. step read the function activation instruction, then copy the activator on your empty sd card an start it, read the log.txt on sd card, check if all ok
3. step copy the maps on empty sd card and start it, check if your navi are working

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@beetlenut

my way if I do (1.step I do only if the existing firmware are not working well. Bluetooth or others, if all ok starts with 2.step)
1. step read the pdf Software update instruction and update the firmware via sd card, checking if all ok, then next step
2. step read the function activation instruction, then copy the activator on your empty sd card an start it, read the log.txt on sd card, check if all ok
3. step copy the maps on empty sd card and start it, check if your navi are working
Many thanks Alex > Congo & all the other dedicated people on A5OC
the FIX worked a treat & easy as Cake :) I now have NAVIGATION & No thanks to VW Group (Portugal)
I also owe a big thanks to a local friend for actually doing the install on my Audi.
Much obliged & the world is a better place now thanks to Alex > Congo & the rest of the team.
Ciao & keep up the good work.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Alex, as said before the CONGO Activator is working fine & after a few days of use have seen the following anomaly.
I live in Portugal & when I choose to enter a destination, the Maps does not choose Portugal Maps as a start search.
Does the CODE in the SOFTWARE need to be SET manually (as country) PORTUGAL?
Sincere thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts