Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking delivery of my new A5(Brilliant Red, Ivory Interior, Tech Package, Convenience Package, Navigation and B&0 stereo) on 4/4/2008. My question is pretty simple I think, but I can't get my dealer or Audi to respond as to if I can buy/use European map disks with my US built car? I would appreciate any response from someone on here. I hope i can leave my TomTom at home.

KJ

·
Registered
441 Posts
Navigation Disk

When I ordered my A5 with nav options my dealer told me to ask him when the car arrives, he could get the CD from AutoExchange for $50 or so! I placed my order for the A5 S Line in Meteor Grey (Loaded) in late Jan., The dealer ( AutoEXchange) told me they would start production in April, and I would see the car sometime June/July.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I ordered my A5 with nav options my dealer told me to ask him when the car arrives, he could get the CD from AutoExchange for $50 or so! I placed my order for the A5 S Line in Meteor Grey (Loaded) in late Jan., The dealer ( AutoEXchange) told me they would start production in April, and I would see the car sometime June/July.
Hey Sapper, I am assuming that you are in Germany. I can tell you that I ordered my A5 in October 2007 and my vehicle was 1 of 7 US spec orders that were accepted for European delivery. It was my understanding in talking to my Autoexchange dealer that Auto exchange were no longer able to take orders for the A5. As a matter of fact, there wouldnt be any others delivered until 2009!! I guess you got lucky as I did. I should have mine within the next 10 days. I would definately stay on those guys since your order was submitted in late January.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am taking delivery of my new A5(Brilliant Red, Ivory Interior, Tech Package, Convenience Package, Navigation and B&0 stereo) on 4/4/2008. My question is pretty simple I think, but I can't get my dealer or Audi to respond as to if I can buy/use European map disks with my US built car? I would appreciate any response from someone on here. I hope i can leave my TomTom at home.

KJ
I ordered mine in October 2007 and I have been researching high and low to find a solution to this problem.I am about 10 days out from delivery and I still have not found a solution other than having my US system switched out for a German system at a shop in Wurzberg for 1200 Euros!!! so unless your up for that task....looks like the TOm Tom will be going with you because just inserting a European DVD will not work.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey Audi soulja, I will deffenatly be giving AutoExchange a call. Maybe you should also. From my understanding was that the A5 3.2 L U.S. Spec. wouldn't START production until April. And then it would be built and sent to the port (Brimahoffen) or where ever, and then back to the dealer for delievery! My dealer wasn't to sure of much..... But I got a super deal being it was my second Audi from them. The Dealer did call one day about, if the car was going to be an 08 or 09 model but the production/delivery date would stay the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Audi soulja, I will deffenatly be giving AutoExchange a call. Maybe you should also. From my understanding was that the A5 3.2 L U.S. Spec. wouldn't START production until April. And then it would be built and sent to the port (Brimahoffen) or where ever, and then back to the dealer for delievery! My dealer wasn't to sure of much..... But I got a super deal being it was my second Audi from them. The Dealer did call one day about, if the car was going to be an 08 or 09 model but the production/delivery date would stay the same.
yeah. Mine is done already. Its been sitting in Bremerhaven for about 3 days now. The will be trucking it to the dealer the upcoming week and then it will be ready for me to pick it up 5 days after that. Just check to confirm that your order was accepted being that many orders placed in to Auto exchange were not accepted and cancelled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A5 Euro Delivery

My A5 US Spec was supposedly build the last week of February. Audi has been most accomodating and are allowing me to take delivery in Neckarsulum rather than Ingolstadt because my air tickets are in and out of Stuttgart. I feared that the US Spec Nav didn't work with the Euro DVD but had to ask. I will put some pics up here when i get it. I can't wait .. my first Audi .. been a Lexus guy up until now so I am looking forward to the change.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That is awsome, that you guys know whats up with your car. I will give the dealer a call to day. try to find out where I am on the list! This is driving me crazy with all these new 335i's driving around here! I can't wait to have one up on them. You guys take care, and have fun...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum sapper424 and A5Georgiaguy. Could you guyz update your profile with your location please. It helps when you as questions as the forum is international. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts