Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My car has reached about 59k miles. Recently it has developed a creaking nose from the front which is noticeable to me but my wife says I'm "off my head". It is mostly noticeable when moving from rest i.e. moving off from traffic lights etc. It seems to be possibly both front sides but not 100% sure. It doesn't seem to happen going over speed bumps (up/down) it's more front to back when the weight shifts. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Well could be many things. Brakes or wheel bearings or shocks or.......try putting her up on a ramp and then shaking everything and listening......

·
Registered
370 Posts
rubber bushings, strut bumpers

try and spray the hell out of any rubber surface with silicone spray. If it goes away, then you know it's one of the rubber parts that have hardened/shrunk over the years due to heat/ozone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Probably unrelated. I started getting the creaking noise after I got a stone chipping between my break pad and disk.

It has since gone.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully the weather eases a bit this week and I can give the car as good going over

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts