Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Audi a5 coupe 177bhp to 260bhp

5K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  AleksA5 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a 2010 audi a5 s line. Coupe. With 177bhp as standard. I would like to get this remapped. I have looked online and most tuners/ tuning boxes claim to get an extra 30-40 bhp out of the engine.

although revo claim up to 260bhp-280 bhp at a price of £500. Which compared with the others isnt to bad.

i just wanted to know. Are these claims legit?? I am thinking that it is the least powered a5 at the moment so can be easy to add the power.

Also Mainly.... is it safe to do so???
And has anyone else had experience with this car and revo specifically.

Thank you

#2 ·
It depends on exactly which engine your car has. The basic principle of high power increases with today's engines is that they are turbocharged, and by remapping the ECU the boost pressure can be increased significantly beyond the factory setting. Since you mention Revo is claiming up to 280 hp I'll guess that you have the 2.0 TFSI? If so as you probably know Audi have a 2.0 TFSI in the S3 tuned as standard to just over 300 hp. So it depends which turbo you have. Some versions are simply "de-tuned" by Audi so they can get good gains. But if there is a smaller turbo then gains will be limited. As to safety, all turbos have a manufacturer-recommended operation envelope and exceeding this can indeed become "unsafe". But reputable tuners will keep within this envelope.

#14 ·
I have recently bought a 2010 audi a5 s line. Coupe. With 177bhp as standard. I would like to get this remapped. I have looked online and most tuners/ tuning boxes claim to get an extra 30-40 bhp out of the engine.

although revo claim up to 260bhp-280 bhp at a price of £500. Which compared with the others isnt to bad.

i just wanted to know. Are these claims legit?? I am thinking that it is the least powered a5 at the moment so can be easy to add the power.

Also Mainly.... is it safe to do so???
And has anyone else had experience with this car and revo specifically.

Thank you
I have a 2009 a5 2.0 tfsi fwd and it’s been tuned by revo currently running 275bhp, my car has been running perfectly ever since, I’m not sure if the turbos or engine is any different on you model but I’m fairly sure it will be safe, the only problem to be careful of is the clutch if yours is manual

#6 ·
Your A5 is a fwd. I had an A4 that was fwd and had a revo map with approximately 260bhp.
Total waste of time in my opinion.
The front wheels couldn't put down the power and everytime I tried (1st and 2nd dry. 1st, 2nd and 3rd wet) it would just spin the wheels.
Great fun for a while but just becomes frustrating eventually.
Good for a motorway overtake though.
I had no reliability issues with it other than mullering the front tyres fairly quickly.

#8 ·
Hiya guys, well interesting one, we all have our own opinions and driving experiences. In my opinion, with my 2WD A5 3200 auto slushbox, the 260 ish horses were easily transmitted thro the front wheels MAYBE cos the A5 is quite a heavy beast AND the engine sits quite far back and thus over the front wheels. Maybe also cos I am an ol fart I never had serious traction problems setting off from rest cos I prefer to cane a car at higher speeds and not from low speeds.
I had Pirelli PZeros on mine and in the dry they really stuck well, in the rain you just godda go gently!!!!

#9 ·
Simon I hear you about the 3.2 but that's a different kettle of fish as its an na engine with a smooth and linear power curve and much more tractable. Those 2.0 turbo engines especially in remapped form produce bucket loads of torque much lower down the rev range and depending on the map it usually all kicks in at once and is much harder to keep in check.

#11 ·
John it will surely limit the wheel slip but not prevent it entirely......

#12 ·
Most modern traction control systems work by retarding engine power until the wheel slip stops.

#13 ·
The A4 I had was a b7 so the b8 might be more sophisticated.
The b7 was like an on off switch, it would cut the power then come back on boost spin the wheels, cut the power then come back on boost spin the wheels, cut the power etc ect...vert frustrating. The b8 might be better though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.