Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wireless CarPlay is still scarce, but I read an article from a tech blog that existing CarPlay users have a way to break free of wires inexpensively. They have been testing it for months now. The test content below.
The first Ottocast ($109.99). Which can indeed convert the wired CarPaly into a wireless one. They give a 5 out of 10 points. They specially tested the connection problem, and the audio transmission was delayed by about 3 seconds. Sometimes there is a disconnection and an upgrade is required.
The second cplay2air ($119). The connection speed and audio delay are slower than Ottocast. After half an hour of continuous use, the adapter started to get hot, which made me a little worried about whether it would cause any damage to car. And the cable and adapter are fixed. Another thing is that the customer service of cplay2air is really terrible.
The third carlinkit4.0 ($105.59). This adapter is more reasonable in price in comparison and is a lot more elegant (Not cheap plastic). It not only supports CarPlay but also supports Android Auto. It can quickly switch between CarPlay and the original car system. Plug and play, the setup is easy and the re-connection is pretty fast. It also supports online upgrades. Best of all, the adapter can also charge phone. Another thing is that the Carlinkitlife website's customer service is nice.
With the mentality of giving it a try, I purchased the third one. If it wasn’t going to work excellently, it was going back immediately. But unexpectedly, it really does work. The adapter is quite small and smaller than I thought it would be so it’ fits nice in the center console tucked out of the way. It was very easy to install. Just plugged it in to the USB port in the console between seats and followed a couple of simple prompts on the screen. It took all of 30 seconds to set it up and check for updates. I turned my car off and on 3 times to test connection. It connected pretty fast every time and it worked well. Knob and steering wheel control both work just the same as wired CarPlay. There is about 1 to 2 seconds of delay on the audio side but that’s totally fine. By the time car boots up, it can jump straight into CarPlay automatically and work flawlessly. I must say it works great! Really recommend!
Product Communication Device Vehicle Portable communications device Telephony

In the end, I have to say that the after-service of Carlinkitlife is very good. If you encounter problems in use, they will give you a corresponding solution, and they reply very fast. If you are interested and need, you can try it. I recommend this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts