Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I had seen many threads about this issue, but not sure if this is covered. Camera stopped working some weeks ago. Got round to checking some things.
I cannot hear any of the sensors ticking,
the fuse in the boot (fuse 6 5amp fuse ) is good.
Pressing the parking sensor button on the dash gives one long beep then yellow light flashes.
Looking on MMI the parking aid states - "The selected system is currently not available" so not able to make any changes.
I did look at the rear right hand side area and its not wet, i did jiggle the grey and green cables and they do seem seated (was not sure how the purple release clip worked so didnt want to break them!)

I am sure someone on here will give me a clue on what to do. I can manage small tool stuff but unclipping car electrical components seems to be rocket science these days!

cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
What model year?

Get or find someone with a proper VAG diagnostic scan tool (e.g., VCDS, OBDeleven) & determine which control modules and fault codes are present, if any. For example, in our NAR '14 A4Q, the rear parking aid is controlled directly by the CECM (BCM1 / J519), so you might expect to find fault codes at Address 09. Other configurations might have a separate park assist control module -J446- (ours does not). --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
ETKA doesn't show separate parking aid modules (either J446 or J791) for the A5CA, so this is likely related to J519 (BCM1), which is located above the driver footwell. Best to get a proper VAG diagnostic scan of the car. --g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts