·
Registered
1,251 Posts
No, not me. :)
And the car is, well, ugly. :(

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The Cab loses the unique A5 Coupe styling cues. Showed my wife the pics and she thought it looked like our old 2002(52) A4 Cabriolet with different back lights.

Suppose we need to see it in the flesh in a proper colour!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Suppose we need to see it in the flesh in a proper colour!!
Agree RG - I was distinctly underwhelmed by the pics, but it seems to be an extremely low-spec cooking version, riding too high on too small a wheel and tyre.

Still think that the Sport/S-line/S version, viewed 'in the metal' and as you say, in a better colour, may still be a bit of a head turner, particularly top down.

Bur the rear three-quarter angle is perhaps the car's least-flattering......

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yup - doesn't look anywhere near as sleek as the coupe. I won't be trading in anytime soon...

I agree that, from the angles shown, it looks just like a last-generation A4 cab. Hopefully it will be better in the flesh.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Agree RG - I was distinctly underwhelmed by the pics, but it seems to be an extremely low-spec cooking version, riding too high on too small a wheel and tyre.

Still think that the Sport/S-line/S version, viewed 'in the metal' and as you say, in a better colour, may still be a bit of a head turner, particularly top down.

Bur the rear three-quarter angle is perhaps the car's least-flattering......
Shouldn't you be suggesting... It would look better with:
1.Milltek exhaust
2.KW V2 coilovers
3.H&R spacers (15mm)
4. Sportec pedal set etc...:D:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Surely the convertible is not as beautiful as the coupé - and that's where a hard folding top would probably have made a difference as opposed to a soft top. Indeed the shape of the A5's roof and of the side windows complement the car's muscular body and gives it that distinctive, homogeneous and beautiful look - but this is lost with the convertible version which seems unbalanced between the lower part of the car and the top part.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with all here. I currently own a 2006 A4 cab and will be exchanging for an S5 in a couple of weeks. When I first heard that there would be an S5 convertible I considered holding my order. However, after seeing the pics, I'm underwhelmed. Looks just like my A4 with a crease down the side. Absolutely agree that the top and bottom of this car work harmoniously together to create such a beautiful form. Soft top just doesn't do it justice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.