Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Greetings to everyone,

Has anyone worked with this company before? I've been trying to contact them about the below linked tail lights with no joy. I drive a phantom black Audi A5 (I'll put pics up soon) and looking to replace the red tail lights with these. Input is greatly appreciated.

Audi A5 Black/Clear LED tail lights - BKS-Tuning
i bought my rs5 grill from them
didnt email them or anything like that so i cannot talk about contacting them.
is there a reason you want to buy the set of taillights instead of tinting your own set.
why pay 800 bucks for a new set of taillights that have been tinted when you can just tint your own the same way for like a 100-200.
any paint shop can do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If tail lights are anything like head lights and opening them with a oven and etc that the last shop stated and the probablity of success and liability for a unsuccessful attempt turned me off when I had a Mazda 3.

The main question I was going to ask the company was if it fit the 2011 A5 (U.S) since its a German based country. Don't want to get them and they are tailored for a German Audi or something and be off by a centimetere in measurements/fit.

You bring up a good point. I'm just reluctant and protective of who messes with my car; as we all probably are. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
If tail lights are anything like head lights and opening them with a oven and etc that the last shop stated and the probablity of success and liability for a unsuccessful attempt turned me off when I had a Mazda 3.

The main question I was going to ask the company was if it fit the 2011 A5 (U.S) since its a German based country. Don't want to get them and they are tailored for a German Audi or something and be off by a centimetere in measurements/fit.

You bring up a good point. I'm just reluctant and protective of who messes with my car; as we all probably are. :)
Why would they have to open the headlights
Slot of people have gotten their lights sprayed On the outside, not inside.
I for one used tinting film on the outside.
It's cheaper and removable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would they have to open the headlights
Slot of people have gotten their lights sprayed On the outside, not inside.
I for one used tinting film on the outside.
It's cheaper and removable.
It was for installing Halo in my headlights. Never had to deal with tail light tinting and thought it was a inside job - literally. Even though the heat might ruin it obviously. It's a thought and I'll look into it, thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about. That's the exact look I'm going for. What are the pros/cons of painting and tinting though besides the obvious "permanent" to "temporary" ones. Thanks guys.
im about to order these from bks tuning. i dont want the hassle of overspray anywhere near my car. i would rather have a brand new set that's done already and then i can sell my tailights.....did you ever order these bro? and im also wondering does anyone else sell these already done. i dont want a film or paint on my existing tail lights....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is this legal? I know in the uk cops go mad if you tint / spray them as your covering the reflective strips etc thus making it against the law.

If this is the case (may not be) I would think the film tint would be better as your not risking a set of lights being no use should they stop you / have a prob with it.

Like I said maybe USA is different.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Doesn't this make your lights very dim ?

How is it legal ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Doesn't this make your lights very dim ?

How is it legal ?
On my example above no its perfectly legal on that I've not obscured the reflectors and I've cut out the film to reveal a clear section for the reverse light. Re dimness I don't think it makes a huge difference to be honest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a set of old lights off ebay for 30 euros, and a can of Black Lacquer...

A bit of wet sanding, spraying and repeating and finishing off with a good polish resulted in the below :)

this way i have the orignals just incase any one decides to question the legality of them :) been a year with them so far... no questions raised yet, the original lights go back on for the MOT/VRT tests once a year :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
All, have a look at the following link:

Cars - Tyne and Wear | Tints Window Tinting

I used these for my SAAB last year, had the rear window and back quarterlights done 95% limo black plus the tail lights done. All legal and lookes awesome.

Sold the SAAB to get the Audi and thinking about the tail lights on this as well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Confinedz - That is one nice looking car you've got there :thumbsup:

Any more pictures?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

Sorry just one word for it "chav"

But you could do a cheap version

Tights!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts