Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that on audi.com they have listed the S5 with an integrated spoiler on the trunk or boot, and it lists the audi A5 as not available. So does the S5 have a higher lip on the rear than the S5. How about the S line?

Maybe someone has a pic from the rear or side of an A5 and S5 parked by each other?

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I believe that the A5 with S-line option has the same trunk lid as the S5 as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that the A5 with S-line option has the same trunk lid as the S5 as well.
I found this pic of an A5 and S5. The gray A5 and sprint blue S5 look to have the same size lip but maybe it's the angle.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I thought they were the same !!!!!

Mines the one on the left :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Maybe someone has a pic from the rear or side of an A5 and S5 parked by each other?
This question has come up before. Back when I had my A5, I had my car parked next to sizzle's S5 and you can see an obvious difference in the look of the integrated spoilers. (See first photo.)

As for the A5 S-line, that spoiler is the exact same as the non S-line version. I've looked at a gagillion photos in my archive, and it is quite clear that there is no difference between the two. (See last two photos.)

Attachments

Reactions: Donny_DJ and Rod

·
Registered
51 Posts
There may be a difference with the boot but its subtle in my opinion if I can see it at all, compared to the more obvious mirrors, exhaust pipes, skirt, grill, rear diffisuer, brakes.

They are both great cars, even though the S5 has all the bits that made me first want the car in the showroom, and it will always look that little bit extra as I guess it should for the extra it costs.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There are different part numbers for the s line/S5 and the normal A5 models

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
perfect pic tx. Thats exactly what I was looking for. The spoiler doesn't look taller, it looks like it extends out longer.

Before I got my car I thought that I would turn my A5 S line into an S5 copy because I wanted the S5 but not the Fuel. (Not a huge factor now but, in Sept. of this year I was paying 4.50 a gallon and getting 18mpg's with my A6 and I didn't want to repeat that.) So I bought the S line and ordered S5 rims, and had been contemplating adding the S5 grill, and mirriors but after the car came it looked perfect without all that stuff that I have left the grill and mirriors original.

It's probably better because I would of hated to swap the trunk too.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Anyone seen the A4 ******* Spoiler?

Not sure whether it was an S Line or not, but it sure was more pronounced than either A5 or S5 Bootlips.

I wish the S5 was a bit more aggressive!

Wonder if the RS5's will be more aggressively styled?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.