Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having problems with my alternator after a cold start in the morning, im starting to here som tickling on the left side, like relys switching, then after 2-3 Km im getting message alternator fault , battery not charging. After I turn off thw car and start it again i can drivw normally and no message is being displayed, i tested the alternator 14 v, and thw akumulator is tested as weel and it like new.
If anyone could hwlp that would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im having problems with my alternator after a cold start in the morning, im starting to here som tickling on the left side, like relys switching, then after 2-3 Km im getting message alternator fault , battery not charging. Mike Cross of AutoGuysLand reviews when you should replace you car battery. If you concern, you can visit this site for more info. After I turn off thw car and start it again i can drivw normally and no message is being displayed, i tested the alternator 14 v, and thw akumulator is tested as weel and it like new.
If anyone could hwlp that would be great.
I think if you get this message, you should take your car to dealer to check because it could be died anytime. You can also check one way clutch pulley on the alternator to see if it operates as it should, then check wire harness to the alternator and the fuse box for any loose or damaged connectors/wires. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts