Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked by the owner on this forum to carry out a detail on his 2.5 year old Audi A5. The owner loved his car and takes great care in trying to make it look its best, but the ineviteable swirls appeared and wanted me to correct this for him. I gave him up to the detail to think of what wax he wished to go for, either Swissvax Mirage, Best of Show or Crystal Rock. the owner decided to go for the Crystal rock (Which was definately the best option)

The car as I turned up (owner stating he left it dirty for me lol)

Started by rinsing the car, then cleaned the alloys with Billberry wheel cleaner and the tyres/arches/door shuts/petrol cap with APC:

Rinsed the car off again, then snowfoamed the car:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rinsed again, then washed with Swissvax Car Bath using the 2BM and a Dodo Juice Wookie Fist wash mitt

Once washed then rinsed, the treated to Autosmart Tardis to remove tar deposits, then Iron Cut to remove anything else and then finally clayed to be 100% all contaminents removed, then the car wash washed again.

Taped the rubbers up then took some paint depth readings (which were all over the place)

Some of the swirls to deal with:

During correction (after a hit of 3M FCP on a curring pad)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Refined using Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a polishing pad (50/50 shot)

At this stage the fleck was really popping out:

Once corrected the paintwork was wiped down with Swissvax Quick Finish then treated with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid, once buffed off then Swissvax Crystal Rock was applied.

The alloys were also treated to Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and then Swissvax Autobahn and tyres with Swissvax Pneu

The glass was treated to Swissvax Crystal, Exhaust with Swissvax Metal Polish and ultrafine Steel Wool.

The interior was treated to Swissvax Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and the plastic wiped down with APC.

The engine bay was treated to Chemical Guys Silk Shine

the end results:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
yip that is my little clean A5 :)

brilliant work by Robert, im so impressed with the finish and work that was done :) major thumbs up and transforms the car!

thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
This reminds me how much I need to clean my car :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
This reminds me how much I need to clean my car :)
LoL, good luck in this weather; can't wait for the sun to shine again with more wintry weather to come:thumbsdown: it's going to be a while before the car will get a proper deep clean.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
mine looks like its had a matte wrap, cant even see what colour it is:thumbsdown:

looks like the atlantic is keeping too active to let the continental cold in this time around. Models are backing off a cold snap at the moment, but it is a very fine line.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Iv managed a few washes and wax top ups but not recently :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts