Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just posted a video on you tube of my 3.0 lt tdi A5 with a factory Audi active exhaust and the kufatec sound booster.

The Thing sound amazing in person.

I made up my own sound tune through the kufatec software.

Make me laugh every time I start the car.

The A5 3.0 tdi has got the looks, power, economy and now the sound.

Here is the link https://youtu.be/dJyMb66k09g

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quite a good video, if you could do a voice over for all the adjustments it would be even more educational but nonetheless, from all the videos I've seen it's miles above (ahead?) to show more than just the sound.

I know what I said about the active sound in the other thread, and my opinions are still valid, but I do admit, when you started up your car in the video I was impressed :)

On a side note, what was up with you getting an Engine Management Light on on your run there?

Regards

·
Registered
365 Posts
Watched the entire video. Your car sounds bloody amazing! Especially when you started it up. Could you do a more in depth video of explaining everything?

I'm curious to know what mods you're running to get that 0-62mph of 4.7 seconds?

T. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quite a good video, if you could do a voice over for all the adjustments it would be even more educational but nonetheless, from all the videos I've seen it's miles above (ahead?) to show more than just the sound.

I know what I said about the active sound in the other thread, and my opinions are still valid, but I do admit, when you started up your car in the video I was impressed :)

On a side note, what was up with you getting an Engine Management Light on on your run there?

Regards
yes true, I was going to do a voice over....

I am a automotive technician by trade and have impressed many other technicians in how real this sounds in person.

The check engine light is on for a common egr fault.

I will post up some more video's of the car soon on my you tube channel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Siiiiick video!!!

AMAZING video Jamesrd!!! :D Exactly the kind of active sound video I've been looking for and beautifully filmed!!! To modify an old adage, a video speaks a thousand rpms.....

I should hopefully have an Audi Active Exhaust on the way soon, I was going to do exactly the same thing you've done with getting the Kufatec sound booster pro and sending off the sound control unit and booster pro off for the upgrade... I used to be a music producer/audio engineer for my sins and could just sit there forever and manipulate audio all day :)

I'd be really grateful if you could post a screenshot of your custom sound profile and show us how you achieved that great sound in the vid! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oooof just clocked that lush turbo flutter.... Is that due to the 3" intake pipe? Which one did you put in!?!? :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watched the entire video. Your car sounds bloody amazing! Especially when you started it up. Could you do a more in depth video of explaining everything?

I'm curious to know what mods you're running to get that 0-62mph of 4.7 seconds?

T. :)

Sure, i have only done 1 pass with this car down the 1/4. At that time it had a basic flash tune with more fuel and the boost curve was changed to bring boost on sooner an to hold it longer into the rev range .

The boost total pressure was still stock at 23/24psi

I did stall the engine up at the line and also ran it with w/m injection kit to help lower the charge temps. Powers wise it might if increased less than 10kw from the w/m kit installed. I only use it when on the the 1/4mile.

Since then I have increased the boost to 26psi and made up a 3 inch alloy intake pipe between the turbo and the air box.

Power might have increased another 15 kw.

I will wait for the weather to Cool down a bit first then I will run it again down the 1/4. It should do a 12.99 I hope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooof just clocked that lush turbo flutter.... Is that due to the 3" intake pipe? Which one did you put in!?!? :)
Yes, it a 3inch alloy pipe I made up. Most of the parts I brought from eBay the Total cost was about $70 aud.

As Soon as you replace the factory noise resonator in the turbo pipe the flutter comes alive ��

I do have some photos of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
AMAZING video Jamesrd!!! :D Exactly the kind of active sound video I've been looking for and beautifully filmed!!! To modify an old adage, a video speaks a thousand rpms.....

I should hopefully have an Audi Active Exhaust on the way soon, I was going to do exactly the same thing you've done with getting the Kufatec sound booster pro and sending off the sound control unit and booster pro off for the upgrade... I used to be a music producer/audio engineer for my sins and could just sit there forever and manipulate audio all day :)

I'd be really grateful if you could post a screenshot of your custom sound profile and show us how you achieved that great sound in the vid! :)
Haha, thanks. I like making good quality footage.

Yes, you will not be disappointed if you buy the kufatec module as well. It has taken the sound to another level compared to the factory active sound.

I think I can email you my kufatec sound profile I made
so you can get exactly the same sound as mine.

Feel free to sub me to on my You Tube channel as I will be making afew more videos on the A5 soon too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice vid mate that sound :yikes: i love it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice work mate! I'm in Sydney and have a 3.0 TDI A5 myself (albeit sportback, not the gorgeous coupe) and so far the only mod I've done is getting the APR stage 1 tune for the 3.0 TDI (over the OBD-II/VAGCOM port).

Just wondering, how do you measure the boost psi? I know the A6 has the ability to display boost pressure in the DIS but (correct me if I'm wrong) the A5 lacks that capability.

Cheers,
AJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice work mate! I'm in Sydney and have a 3.0 TDI A5 myself (albeit sportback, not the gorgeous coupe) and so far the only mod I've done is getting the APR stage 1 tune for the 3.0 TDI (over the OBD-II/VAGCOM port).

Just wondering, how do you measure the boost psi? I know the A6 has the ability to display boost pressure in the DIS but (correct me if I'm wrong) the A5 lacks that capability.

Cheers,
AJ
Hello mr willy, yeah i hooked up a anolog boost gauge and mounted just above the steering wheel. I ran a t-piece of the vacuum sensor hose that is used for my W/m kit.

I only keep the boost gauge there for when I'm testing or racing the car. Other wise I just hide it under the lower dash trim out of the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers mate, awesome! Out of interest, who did you go with for your stage 1 tune, was it the APR or another? Any chance you could post some pics of the piping you did for the boost gauge next time you have the bonnet open? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I’ve had the active exhaust installed by Audi and have just purchased the Kufatec sound booster pro...
Can any1 point me in the right direction to connect this up, the sound booster is plugged into the Kufatec wiring harness but I can not seem to locate where the other 2 plugs connect to

My cars is the A5 3.0 TDI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts