Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arrived this Saturday.
Have already changed the front bumbper grill, audi rear badge.

It came with standard LED pack, so I have ambient lights in door trim, however, is it possible to enable it via VCDS the colour changing and extended LED light in door trims ?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Very very nice. Black Ed wasn’t available when I bought mine last year. Can’t answer your question re the extended LED’s as I ordered mine with that. Think it was an extra £100 so why wouldn’t you? Dunno if it’s different hardware or just coding, so worth you looking into. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very very nice. Black Ed wasn’t available when I bought mine last year. Can’t answer your question re the extended LED’s as I ordered mine with that. Think it was an extra £100 so why wouldn’t you? Dunno if it’s different hardware or just coding, so worth you looking into. Enjoy.
I didnt even know this was an option until very late. :(

I am hoping someone here would know the answer, and i really hope its just coding as I am looking into to get OBDeleven.

Have you done any mods ?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Nah, I specced the car pretty much as I wanted it (within budget limitations), and I specced the privacy glass option as there was no black ed available. I’m not really into the cosmetic or performance mods these days, so will leave it as is. I have Carista, but they have yet to add any B9 coding mods to the software (they are really slow in releasing that stuff). Unfortunately, my tech is all Apple, so I can’t use OBDEleven as it’s android only.
Hopefully you’ll be able to code the extended LEDs as they do lift the cabin somewhat. Have mine set to blue which has a really nice cool ambiance after dark.

·
Sponsor
2,308 Posts
Stupid question, do these not have fog lights anymore or are they built into the main lamp?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Stupid question, do these not have fog lights anymore or are they built into the main lamp?

No not fog lights as such. They have what they describe as “all weather lights” switched on using the same button as the fog lights are in earlier models. They are integrated into the main lamp, and behave pretty much like fog lights (low wide beam) that works a little better than traditional fog lights in my experience, but that could just be because they are LED.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No not fog lights as such. They have what they describe as “all weather lights” switched on using the same button as the fog lights are in earlier models. They are integrated into the main lamp, and behave pretty much like fog lights (low wide beam) that works a little better than traditional fog lights in my experience, but that could just be because they are LED.

May be that is why I see extra light when I turn my wheel during corners. Was wondering why all of a sudden headlight was wider.
It seemed like VW style fog style which comes on with turning.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
May be that is why I see extra light when I turn my wheel during corners. Was wondering why all of a sudden headlight was wider.

It seemed like VW style fog style which comes on with turning.

Yes, quite right, had turning light behaviour also.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Stunning! Love that grille. Is that a standard Black Ed feature, or did you fit it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts