Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2012 Audi A5 Sportsback TDI 2.0.

I wanted to upgrade the headlights from the reflector Halogen housing to a Projector housing. The main reason is because the side lights on the projector housing look far better. I currently have led side lights, so recoding is not an issue (as far as I know).

But I am curious to know if there are facelift projector housings that have H7 lowbeam/high beam fitments, or if they are exclusively Xenon/LED.

The main reason I dont want to uprgared to Xenon/LED headlights is beccause I have to install washer jets and levellers e.t.c

Cheers,

-Jake
UK

(Attached pictures - 1. Current headlight 2. The headlights I want to install)

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
756 Posts
The “Paper clip” style headlights are all xenon with ballasts. Unless you want a DIY project then that’s fair enough, I did come across another forum post that’ll I’ll hunt and link to you, where they didn’t need to do actual coding... 👌🏻 Just making custom harness themselves which might be up your alley.

But in terms of cost, which is what I’m seeing here, it’s not going to be cheap. Fitting a H7 into a xenon headlight is a new territory for me and you’ll have to do some research/diy hat on!

here’s the link:Audi A4 facelift b8.5 halogen to factory bi-xenon

Good luck! Post the results if you ever tackle this!

~Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The “Paper clip” style headlights are all xenon with ballasts. Unless you want a DIY project then that’s fair enough, I did come across another forum post that’ll I’ll hunt and link to you, where they didn’t need to do actual coding... 👌🏻 Just making custom harness themselves which might be up your alley.

But in terms of cost, which is what I’m seeing here, it’s not going to be cheap. Fitting a H7 into a xenon headlight is a new territory for me and you’ll have to do some research/diy hat on!

here’s the link:Audi A4 facelift b8.5 halogen to factory bi-xenon

Good luck! Post the results if you ever tackle this!

~Alex
That's brilliant thanks Alex!

I feared that they may be Xenon only! I'm not too fussed on the coding, its more of the installation of washer jets in the bumper as required by the law (which is a pain). I've then got to find a way of wiring them in, coding them, and fitting them to be supplied by the washer fluid e.t.c.

Yeah the headlights are bloody expensive! Gonna be a fair bit of saving and DIY I think haha! I think I will have to weigh out,if it will be worth either fitting washer jets or retrofitting a H7 in a Xenon fitting!

Thanks for the help mate!

-Jake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts