Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to interface a project to my car by connecting to the CAN-BUS. I found that I cannot do this by connecting to the ODBII port, so I am looking at connecting a CANcrocodile in the boot to sniff the BUS:
CAN Bus Contactless Reader (CAN-CROC)

The photograph shows a metal cage where I believe may be the cables I need to access, I'm not positive, can anyone confirm this:

Can anyone advise on how I open this metal cage to access the wires?

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Remove the nuts at the front edge and lift up.
The main CAN gateway is located behind the glovebox. Depends on which CAN wires you want to sniff; infotainment, Powertrain,Comfort etc?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the nuts at the front edge and lift up.
The main CAN gateway is located behind the glovebox. Depends on which CAN wires you want to sniff; infotainment, Powertrain,Comfort etc?
Thank you, I'll take a look tomorrow. I want to sniff the left / right indicators, brakes, lights and reverse.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Then you should be looking at the CAN wires going to the BCM unit in the rear and the Power supply module under the dash but not sure if the PSM is CAN controlled off the top of my head as it might be controlled by the BCM

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Then you should be looking at the CAN wires going to the BCM unit in the rear and the Power supply module under the dash but not sure if the PSM is CAN controlled off the top of my head as it might be controlled by the BCM
Sorry, can you elaborate on the acronyms, what's BCM and PSM ?

BCM = Body Control Module
PSM = ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts