Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago oil sensor coming up I needed oil I topped it up and week later saying same thing no leaks was checked by garage, they told me to ring out and get dipstick to make sure. I have rang 2 Audi places by me to be told they don’t make them. Does anyone know if they do if so where can I get one from, 1.8 TFSI .

· Registered
208 Posts
Not sure if the 1.8i and the 2.0i use the same part but here is video with part number at end. I used that part for my 2.0i TFSI.
But are you aware that model engine consumes oil via the piston rings. What kind of miles have you done between oil top up and what's the mileage on the car.

· Registered
208 Posts
Its always good to research known fault on a car model before purchase. Both the 1.8i and 2.0i from 2008 to 2011 have known oil consumption issues. If you topping up 400 miles that engine needs repair or it will get worse. It's not a oil sensor issues so don't waste money on that. There are ways to get the engine repaired by Audi but you may need to pay part of the bill. If it has full Audi service history they will repair for free.

Read this link..I also bought a 2009 2.0i few months ago but the engine was fixed by Audi under warranty 4 years ago.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its always good to research known fault on a car model before purchase. Both the 1.8i and 2.0i from 2008 to 2011 have known oil consumption issues. If you topping up 400 miles that engine needs repair or it will get worse. It's not a oil sensor issues so don't waste money on that. There are ways to get the engine repaired by Audi but you may need to pay part of the bill. If it has full Audi service history they will repair for free.

Read this link..I also bought a 2009 2.0i few months ago but the engine was fixed by Audi under warranty 4 years ago.

are you sure ? I’m suppose to go to work in morning in it and don’t want to risk driving it if it is, and I mean it’s gone from full oil to please add oil immediately in around 356 miles. I have rang a few garages today a few them told me oil sensors on these are a common fault guessing that wrong then and appreciate the help

· Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
977 Posts
Il check now the car has done 108k I have had the car few months had service 400 miles later saying it has no oil, do all of these have that problem or just a select few ?
Cars manufactured between 2009-2011 1.8tfsi and 2.0tsfi models almost all have oil burning issue. Your Audi dealership is having you on if they’re saying they’re unaware about this issue.

Hope you can resolve it if it is the oil burning issue, as in the end if it hasn’t got it resolved then the engine itself is at risk of being a lemon.

~Alex

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cars manufactured between 2009-2011 1.8tfsi and 2.0tsfi models almost all have oil burning issue. Your Audi dealership is having you on if they’re saying they’re unaware about this issue.

Hope you can resolve it if it is the oil burning issue, as in the end if it hasn’t got it resolved then the engine itself is at risk of being a lemon.

~Alex
I managed to get my hands on a dipstick it’s full so was a faulty sensor, I know 2 people who own same car in that range 1.8tfsi. And they owned for years and never had issue so just guess I was lucky definitely will read up before I buy a car again my mistake

· Registered
208 Posts
I managed to get my hands on a dipstick it’s full so was a faulty sensor, I know 2 people who own same car in that range 1.8tfsi. And they owned for years and never had issue so just guess I was lucky definitely will read up before I buy a car again my mistake
If you feel the MMI is not updating the oil sensor it could be the bonnet switch..watch these videos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.