Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just bought a audi a5 2011 black edition Quattro and I've noticed at very low revs when pulling of or in reverse there sounds like a vibration noise or rattling noise it sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car passenger side not 100% though it does go when rev it higher and also it drives fine on roads / motorway just a dry low revs when pulling of or in 'reverse.its a manual 2ltr tdi any help would be appreciated I'm hoping it's just a cover or something lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get underneath with a rubber mallet give a few things a tap. Maybe you might discover what it is that way. Hopefully it’s something mina like a cover/heat shield

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get underneath with a rubber mallet give a few things a tap. Maybe you might discover what it is that way. Hopefully it’s something mina like a cover/heat shield
Hoping so mate it's weird it's only on very low revs or changing gear at low revs or when going in reverse sound like it's coming from rear passenger side but it does go when start driving and drives fine so I'll get under mate and have a tap round

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im sure the haldex system is at the rear of the car for the 4 wheel drive. Maybe it could be a issue with that. Fingers crossed it’s not. How is your gearbox on your car? Is it notchey from 1st - 2nd when cold. I have the same car as you but not a Quattro i have a few niggles with. 1 being a judder when pulling off after car has been driven for around a hour and is really hot/at temperature. 2 being notchey gearbox from 1st - 2nd when cold

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gearbox and every thing else seems fine mate no judder at all it's only at very low revs ya can here it when pulling of or reversing etc I'm hoping it's some kind of cover loose etc ha ha not much of a mechanic either

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright mate not had chance to get underneath it yet gonna buy a low profile jack and axle stands weekend and have a look to be honest I would know where to look lol cheers for replying I'll keep ya posted

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Is it a 4 pot motor? One side exit exhaust? The exhaust is on the passenger side, so grab hold of the tail pipes and give it a waggle. :)

Also the Quattro system is not Haldex, this is only fitted to transverse mount engined cars, like A3, TT etc. The A5 Quattro uses a torsen centre diff to distribute power front to rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes mate it single side exit exhaust on passenger side so I'll bear that in mind when having a look around thank lads for all replys much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts