Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I've got a 2008 2.7 Audi a5 sportback. It's a great car but can't find out how to put aux or usb.. I read on internet there's an upgrade for mmi, but i don't have any kind of it. My model has the "black & red screen", it's not an LCD it's a kind of display but it only can show text..It has got a navigation system in the glovebox but not at all any kind of mmi port.. So i was wondering if anyone can help me to mount an aftermarket or some sort of plugin that i can use to play my music from usb or aux.. Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Good question, I had the same system as you and I never upgraded BUT there is a system (Pioneer I think) which fits, some of our experts will come soon to help......

·
Registered
269 Posts
It looks like you've got 2g high MMI which unfortunately means that lovely Alpine unit is not compatible. I looked and couldn't find any aftermarket units that were compatible with 2g MMI.

Xcarlink do some solutions which plug into the MMI system like this if you want bluetooth/USB - Audi 2006-2014 Wireless Bluetooth Streaming Handsfree Interface :: AUDI :: XCarLink

I got one of their Android Auto units installed - you might be surprised at your screen - this is the stock Audi screen but with Android Auto running:

It's not HD by any stretch but it does a job and works well for the backup camera we installed too. Wouldn't recommend the Xcarlink unit due to install issues but there are alternatives available from places lie Unique Auto which have good reviews too and are much easier to install.

·
Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
21 Posts
you could go for the rsnav unit. the S2 model for the 2G MMI wont be available until about july (I am waiting for this as i have a 2G MMI).

·
Registered
269 Posts
you could go for the rsnav unit. the S2 model for the 2G MMI wont be available until about july (I am waiting for this as i have a 2G MMI).
I thought from reading various facebook groups RSNav had effectively written off a 2g high/RHD product?

·
Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
21 Posts
I thought from reading various facebook groups RSNav had effectively written off a 2g high/RHD product?
What??! Noooooooooo! I have emailed Daniel for an answer... this will suck big time, as doing a retrofit to 3G MMI prior will be costly...

·
Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
21 Posts
got a reply from Daniel from rsnav.com. The 2G MMI S2 is still happening and due for july release. yay!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts